Web server setup - Network

This is a discussion on Web server setup - Network ; Hello, My situation is this: We have a web server with multiple sites running on it, each domain is parked with web forwarding setup to forward to our server. We need to modify the A record to point to our ...

  1. Web server setup

    Hello,
    My situation is this:
    We have a web server with multiple sites running on it, each domain
    is parked with web forwarding setup to forward to our server.

    We need to modify the A record to point to our server (so we can
    remove the web forwarding), but the sites are in subfolders from the server
    root.

    Each site is an ecommerce site requiring it's own SSL certificate.

    How do I modify the zone records / Apache setup so that for example:

    www.domain1.com points to [our server IP address]/domain1 using SSL 1
    www.domain2.com points to [our server IP address]/domain2 using SSL 2
    etc...

    We are running apache with mod_ssl, OpenSSL, Curl and MySQL.

    Thanks In Advance

    Peter

  2. Re: Web server setup

    Peter Phillips wrote:
    > How do I modify the zone records / Apache setup so that for example:
    >
    > www.domain1.com points to [our server IP address]/domain1 using SSL 1
    > www.domain2.com points to [our server IP address]/domain2 using SSL 2
    > etc...

    Hiya!

    You should point the A records towards the IP address, and use Apache's
    VirtualHosts to set the default path that is served when someone types
    in www.domain1.com or www.domain2.com.

    The documentation for VHosts is here:
    --> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod...ml#virtualhost

    You want something like this:

    DocumentRoot /path/to/server1
    ServerName www.domain1.com

    This should be repeated for the other domain name. SSL should be
    configured as normal.

    Chris
    --
    Chris Jenkinson