Help with the connection.... - Network

This is a discussion on Help with the connection.... - Network ; Hello all, I want to connect my 2502 Token Ring Cisco Router to my Desktop windows XP. I used HyperTerminal and I used COM1 port of my computer and CONSOLE port of the router using a COM port RJ45 cable....(also ...

  1. Help with the connection....

    Hello all,
    I want to connect my 2502 Token Ring Cisco Router to my Desktop
    windows XP.
    I used HyperTerminal and I used COM1 port of my computer and CONSOLE
    port of the router using a COM port RJ45 cable....(also called a
    CONSOLE CABLE)
    The Hyperterminal setings i used are :

    Bps :9600
    Data Bits :8
    Parity :None
    Stop Bits :1
    Flow Control:None..

    The message i get is""another program is using the selected Telephony
    device.Try again after the other program completes ""...

    and so i cannot connect to the router...

    i tried with different bit rates but i cannot connect to the
    router....
    please suggest me what to do !!
    please suggest me the TELNET commands too....
    thank you in advance !!
    bye.

  2. Re: Help with the connection....

    Are you using a Xover Cable to connect from the PC to the Router?

    Did you try for kicks to connect via COM2 in Hyper Terminal?

    And further more before you can TINKER on a cisco router VIA TELNET.

    A password and IP have to be ASSIGNED to an Ethernet port.

+ Reply to Thread