Wireless network complete novice! - Network

This is a discussion on Wireless network complete novice! - Network ; Hello, I have one PC (PC A) which has an ADSL modem connected. The PC will not move from it's location and is the 'main' PC of the house. I have a secondary PC (PC B), which I'm thinking about ...

  1. Wireless network complete novice!

    Hello,

    I have one PC (PC A) which has an ADSL modem connected. The PC will
    not move from it's location and is the 'main' PC of the house.

    I have a secondary PC (PC B), which I'm thinking about networking to
    the main PC. It isn't used as frequently, but would be nice to have
    internet connection.

    Should I set up a wireless network for A and B, and use Internet
    Connection Sharing for the ADSL?

    I'm also a bit stumped as to what equipment I'd need. Should I buy a
    wireless ADSL modem router, then two wireless (cards?) for the two
    PCs? Or can I just get away with two wireless cards and an internet
    connection share?

    TIA

  2. Re: Wireless network complete novice!

    yesiwasbornin1979@hotmail.com (Trainee Techie) wrote in message news:<65d0bc16.0401230426.d43f67@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have one PC (PC A) which has an ADSL modem connected. The PC will
    > not move from it's location and is the 'main' PC of the house.
    >
    > I have a secondary PC (PC B), which I'm thinking about networking to
    > the main PC. It isn't used as frequently, but would be nice to have
    > internet connection.
    >
    > Should I set up a wireless network for A and B, and use Internet
    > Connection Sharing for the ADSL?
    >
    > I'm also a bit stumped as to what equipment I'd need. Should I buy a
    > wireless ADSL modem router, then two wireless (cards?) for the two
    > PCs? Or can I just get away with two wireless cards and an internet
    > connection share?
    >
    > TIA

    I would buy a router (built in firewall type protection) that has both
    wired and wireless capability. Then it is your choice. Wired is
    cheaper...cards for as little as $4 at computergate.com. If it is
    difficult to run wire, go with wireless cards...also cheap if you mess
    with a rebate.

+ Reply to Thread