telnet as network monitor - Network

This is a discussion on telnet as network monitor - Network ; We have a t1 between two distant sites. A telnet link is kept 'up' at all times. Can the network fail briefly and this telnet connection continue to function? Brief is, say, less than 30 seconds. I guess another way ...

  1. telnet as network monitor

    We have a t1 between two distant sites. A telnet link is kept
    'up' at all times. Can the network fail briefly and this telnet
    connection continue to function? Brief is, say, less than 30 seconds.

    I guess another way to put would be, does it work like a web browser?
    Unless you use the browser it will never see a network failure.

    Thanks

  2. Re: telnet as network monitor

    By default TELNETs time out is super quick. However there are
    softwares out there where you can set the timeout for even up to 60
    seconds.

+ Reply to Thread