Linksys Router Dropping WAN Connection - Network

This is a discussion on Linksys Router Dropping WAN Connection - Network ; I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 802.11B router connected to one wired machine and one wireless machine. All will be fine, but then, maybe several hours later, the WAN (Time-Warner Roadrunner) is no longer visible to either PC. Turning off everything, ...

  1. Linksys Router Dropping WAN Connection

    I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 802.11B router connected to one wired machine and
    one wireless machine.

    All will be fine, but then, maybe several hours later, the WAN (Time-Warner
    Roadrunner) is no longer visible to either PC. Turning off everything, then
    turning all back on then resetting the cable modem and Linksys resets
    restores the WAN connection, only to go down again later. TW refuses to
    help. Linksys had me set up a MAC(?) address on the router, but the problem
    is still there. Any ideas? TIA

    Rick Rieger

  2. Re: Linksys Router Dropping WAN Connection

    Rick,

    I wish I had an answer for you, but I have this exact problem on two
    systems my friends are using. One has a DSL Modem and the other is
    using a cable modem. They both then go through a Linksys wireless
    router. One hard line connection and one wireless to their two
    computers. They are both dropping their network connection constantly.
    They take the Linksys out of the network, connect directly to the
    Cable/DSL modem and the network is up and running fine. If you find an
    answer please e-mail me at jdmaxey@ualr.edu. Thanks and good luck.

    Joe

    "Rick Rieger" wrote in message news:...
    > I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 802.11B router connected to one wired machine and
    > one wireless machine.
    >
    > All will be fine, but then, maybe several hours later, the WAN (Time-Warner
    > Roadrunner) is no longer visible to either PC. Turning off everything, then
    > turning all back on then resetting the cable modem and Linksys resets
    > restores the WAN connection, only to go down again later. TW refuses to
    > help. Linksys had me set up a MAC(?) address on the router, but the problem
    > is still there. Any ideas? TIA
    >
    > Rick Rieger

  3. Re: Linksys Router Dropping WAN Connection

    Joe,

    I think the solution is to return the Linksys stuff and get something else.
    I'm tired of fighting with it.

    Rick

    news:305032bc.0401211506.789596c5@posting.google.c om...

    > > I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 802.11B router connected to one wired machine

    and
    > > one wireless machine.
    > >
    > > All will be fine, but then, maybe several hours later, the WAN

    (Time-Warner
    > > Roadrunner) is no longer visible to either PC. Turning off everything,

    then
    > > turning all back on then resetting the cable modem and Linksys resets
    > > restores the WAN connection, only to go down again later. TW refuses to
    > > help. Linksys had me set up a MAC(?) address on the router, but the

    problem
    > > is still there. Any ideas? TIA
    > >
    > > Rick Rieger

  4. Re: Linksys Router Dropping WAN Connection

    "Rick Rieger" wrote in message news:...
    > Joe,
    >
    > I think the solution is to return the Linksys stuff and get something else.
    > I'm tired of fighting with it.
    >
    > Rick

    Dlink has the same problem. Just drops the connections for no reason.

+ Reply to Thread