Network problems - Network

This is a discussion on Network problems - Network ; Ok, i have a weird setup and I need some help. I have a D-link DI-604 router connected to my cable modem and to my main computer. The DI-604 is a DHPC server and it has assigned my main computer ...

  1. Network problems

    Ok, i have a weird setup and I need some help. I have a D-link DI-604
    router connected to my cable modem and to my main computer. The DI-604
    is a DHPC server and it has assigned my main computer an ip of
    192.168.0.100. The ip address of the DI-604 is 192.168.0.1. I ALSO
    have a US Robotics Wireless turbo G router (USR8054)connected to the
    DI-604. It has the DHCP server turned OFF and it is connected the
    DI-604 through its WAN port connected to one of the LAN ports on the
    DI-604. The DI-604 has assigned an IP address to the USR8054 of
    192.168.0.101. Now here is the tricky part, the USR8054 has a laptop
    connected to it with an IP address of 192.168.123.100. The laptop can
    surf the net and ping the main computer (192.168.0.100) PLUS it can
    ping both routers. The problem is the main computer cannot see the
    laptop on the network or ping it and the laptop cannot see the main
    computer on the network. All the computers and routers are set to the
    same domain name (mshome). So the question is WHY can't the laptop and
    maincomputer see each other on the network? Any ideas? I have even
    tried disabeling any firewalls on the computers and in the USR8054.
    Any help would be great appreciated, thank you.

  2. Re: Network problems

    "Varroa" wrote in message
    news:909f4355.0401191843.2a2ae51c@posting.google.c om...
    > Ok, i have a weird setup and I need some help. I have a D-link DI-604
    > router connected to my cable modem and to my main computer. The DI-604
    > is a DHPC server and it has assigned my main computer an ip of
    > 192.168.0.100. The ip address of the DI-604 is 192.168.0.1. I ALSO
    > have a US Robotics Wireless turbo G router (USR8054)connected to the
    > DI-604. It has the DHCP server turned OFF and it is connected the
    > DI-604 through its WAN port connected to one of the LAN ports on the
    > DI-604. The DI-604 has assigned an IP address to the USR8054 of
    > 192.168.0.101. Now here is the tricky part, the USR8054 has a laptop
    > connected to it with an IP address of 192.168.123.100. The laptop can
    > surf the net and ping the main computer (192.168.0.100) PLUS it can
    > ping both routers. The problem is the main computer cannot see the
    > laptop on the network or ping it and the laptop cannot see the main
    > computer on the network. All the computers and routers are set to the
    > same domain name (mshome). So the question is WHY can't the laptop and
    > maincomputer see each other on the network? Any ideas? I have even
    > tried disabeling any firewalls on the computers and in the USR8054.
    > Any help would be great appreciated, thank you.

    I suspect the problem is the "USR8054 has a laptop
    connected to it with an IP address of 192.168.123.100" This machines should
    all be on the same subnet; 192.168.0.xxx and be sure your subset mask is set
    to 255.255.255.0

    Let me know if that work - good luck
    Jim

    --
    The Place to be for Cabling Products and Networking Needs
    www.network-cables-plus.com

+ Reply to Thread