Domain to workgroup problems - Network

This is a discussion on Domain to workgroup problems - Network ; Hi, I have a computer at work running WindowsXP pro it is a member of a domain at work. I was trying to connect to computer with my labtop using a router. So, I tried to look around and clicked ...

  1. Domain to workgroup problems

    Hi,

    I have a computer at work running WindowsXP pro it is a member of a
    domain at work. I was trying to connect to computer with my labtop using a
    router. So, I tried to look around and clicked at the "network
    identification wizard" in the "system properties". I selected that this
    computer is use for home. After that I was off form the domain. I wantted to
    change it back to the same domain immidiately, but I can't undo it. As I
    foresee the problems, I havn't restarted the computer yet, so the previous
    setting and connection (before changing) is still in effect. Is there a way
    to change it back without restarting it?
    For your info. I have an local admin password, but I am not the
    admin. So, I don't want the admin know that I have been using the admin
    password.

    Joe

  2. Re: Domain to workgroup problems

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:13:14 -0500, "Jay Chan"
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I have a computer at work running WindowsXP pro it is a member of a
    >domain at work. I was trying to connect to computer with my labtop using a
    >router. So, I tried to look around and clicked at the "network
    >identification wizard" in the "system properties". I selected that this
    >computer is use for home. After that I was off form the domain. I wantted to
    >change it back to the same domain immidiately, but I can't undo it. As I
    >foresee the problems, I havn't restarted the computer yet, so the previous
    >setting and connection (before changing) is still in effect. Is there a way
    >to change it back without restarting it?

    You could use the 'system restore' function under 'system tools' to go
    back to yesterday. or restart using 'last known good configuration'.
    I'd use system restore. You are safe.

    > For your info. I have an local admin password, but I am not the
    >admin. So, I don't want the admin know that I have been using the admin
    >password.
    >
    >Joe

    Thanks,
    Samiam