Wireless router question - Network

This is a discussion on Wireless router question - Network ; Can two wireless-g routers communicate with each other. I am looking to set up wired networks in 2 buildings using wireless routers to communicate between the separate networks. Is this possible? Gregory La Due Twin Tiers Technologies, Inc....

  1. Wireless router question

    Can two wireless-g routers communicate with each other.

    I am looking to set up wired networks in 2 buildings using wireless routers
    to communicate between the separate networks. Is this possible?

    Gregory La Due
    Twin Tiers Technologies, Inc.

  2. Re: Wireless router question

    "Gregory La Due" wrote in message news:...
    > Can two wireless-g routers communicate with each other.

    I believe so but I don't think it is normally done this way.

    > I am looking to set up wired networks in 2 buildings using wireless routers
    > to communicate between the separate networks. Is this possible?

    If you mean using wireless to interconnect between the two buildings
    then you will more than likely have big problems. Most people have
    problems getting connected from one end of their house to the other
    (and that's mostly wood). Steel and concrete buildings will be much
    harder for the signals to penetrate (the concrete in buildings is
    usually steel re-inforced and sometimes there is sheet metal in the
    floor). If you are looking to expand a single network, that is
    usually done with Access Points. There are also wireless repeaters.
    If the buildings are close and line of sight, you might want to look
    into infrared lasers.

+ Reply to Thread