HELP ME!!! Network performance - Network

This is a discussion on HELP ME!!! Network performance - Network ; Hi, i am trying to measure the performance of my lan network. I used a program called netPipe. i obtained some resluts and plotted throughput(Mbits/sec) against time(s). I obtained a graph which showed that throughput accelerated(diagnol line) and then leveled ...

  1. HELP ME!!! Network performance

    Hi, i am trying to measure the performance of my lan network. I used
    a program called netPipe. i obtained some resluts and plotted
    throughput(Mbits/sec) against time(s). I obtained a graph which showed
    that throughput accelerated(diagnol line) and then leveled
    off(constant throughput: horizonatal line).I have no idea why this is.
    HELP! does anyone know why the graph is this shape?

    thanks for all your help!

    annand

  2. Re: HELP ME!!! Network performance

    Many network analyzers send a broadcast message out to all clients,
    which reply in turn. Once this has been completed, the network traffic
    you seen is generated by the network itself and not the utility. That
    may be what's happening.

    Michael Graves
    http://basichardware.50megs.com

    annand00@hotmail.com (annand Patel) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi, i am trying to measure the performance of my lan network. I used
    > a program called netPipe. i obtained some resluts and plotted
    > throughput(Mbits/sec) against time(s). I obtained a graph which showed
    > that throughput accelerated(diagnol line) and then leveled
    > off(constant throughput: horizonatal line).I have no idea why this is.
    > HELP! does anyone know why the graph is this shape?
    >
    > thanks for all your help!
    >
    > annand

+ Reply to Thread