I have a cable modem, a Linksys 4 port router, a separate b Linksys
Wireless Access Point, 2 desktops with nics and 2 notebooks with Linksys
Wireless PC cards (WPC11). One desktop is running Windows 95 (a program
on that computer runs on Windows 95 and not on any later versions), one
desktop and one notebook are WinXP pro and one notebook is Win98 se.

For about a week, I could not get my wireless pc card to work in my
laptop. It reported Excellent Signal Strength and Excellent Signal
Quality, but no internet. I don't know how many times I uninstalled and
re-installed but it must have been at least ten! Still no internet. A
call to Linksys resulted in first uninstalling and re-installing both
hardware and software, but still no internet. Then the Linksys tech told
me that my computer had Texas Instruments network chips which were not
compatible with their card. She suggested I buy a new G card.

Finally, on my own, I turned off the cable modem, turned off the router,
waited about 30 seconds and turned them back on. THEN EVERYTHING WORKED
AGAIN! I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I have seen
several messages that indicate a similar condition so maybe it's worth a
try.

David A.