A beginner wireless LAN question? - Network

This is a discussion on A beginner wireless LAN question? - Network ; I recently bought a Blitz Wireless LAN PCI Card for my PC (model: BWI605) and though the installation claims to have been successful, during the installation, a slew of files that were supposed to be on the Win98 CD weren't. ...

  1. A beginner wireless LAN question?

    I recently bought a Blitz Wireless LAN PCI Card for my PC (model:
    BWI605) and though the installation claims to have been successful,
    during the installation, a slew of files that were supposed to be on
    the Win98 CD weren't. So now, upon startup, the following error
    messege appears:

    Unable to load the dynamic link library:

    msnp32.dll

    Some or all of the following features is not available:
    Microsoft Network

    So while the status LED on the card indicates that there is a wireless
    link established, I am unable to actually send or receive any data
    through that link.

    Can I download msnp32.dll somewhere or can I reconfigure my hardware
    so that I don't need it?

    Thanks very much, in advance,

    Ben Green

  2. Re: A beginner wireless LAN question?

    On 4 Jan 2004 18:26:53 -0800, greben14@evergreen.edu (Ben) wrote:

    >I recently bought a Blitz Wireless LAN PCI Card for my PC (model:
    >BWI605) and though the installation claims to have been successful,
    >during the installation, a slew of files that were supposed to be on
    >the Win98 CD weren't. So now, upon startup, the following error
    >messege appears:
    >
    >Unable to load the dynamic link library:
    >
    >msnp32.dll
    >
    >The system cannot find the file specified.
    >
    >Some or all of the following features is not available:
    > Microsoft Network
    >
    >So while the status LED on the card indicates that there is a wireless
    >link established, I am unable to actually send or receive any data
    >through that link.
    >
    >Can I download msnp32.dll somewhere or can I reconfigure my hardware
    >so that I don't need it?
    >
    >Thanks very much, in advance,
    >
    > Ben Green

    You will need these files for networking.
    I have had this problem before where a customer has deleted part of an
    instal.
    The easiest way seems to be to remove all references to the network
    cards in network setup and re-install. It should then re-install all
    the needed files.
    Those files are on the win98 cd but I have never been able to manually
    re-instal them.

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

+ Reply to Thread