DSL network - Network

This is a discussion on DSL network - Network ; hi I have a problem in building a DSL network. I have a pc running on windows XP and a Mac laptop running on a panther 10.3. I wander if its possible to cerate a wireless network. thanks mou....

  1. DSL network

    hi

    I have a problem in building a DSL network. I have a pc running on windows
    XP and a Mac laptop running on a panther 10.3. I wander if its possible to
    cerate a wireless network.
    thanks

    mou.

  2. Re: DSL network

    "mouad" wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > I have a problem in building a DSL network. I have a pc running on windows
    > XP and a Mac laptop running on a panther 10.3. I wander if its possible to
    > cerate a wireless network.
    > thanks
    >
    > mou.

    I haven't networked a MAC but it uses ethernet doesn't it? Have you
    successfully gotten either computer networked or are you in QA mode at this
    point? You'll need a wireless router (or router + a wireless access point).
    Each computer will need a wireless NIC card. Keep it simple at first and use
    DHCP w/o any security features (WEP, WPA, MAC filtering, etc) Then go from
    there. Are you just trying to gain internet connectivity for each machine?

  3. Re: DSL network

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:11:23 -0500, "jch" wrote:

    >"mouad" wrote in message
    >> hi
    >>
    >> I have a problem in building a DSL network. I have a pc running on windows
    >> XP and a Mac laptop running on a panther 10.3. I wander if its possible to
    >> cerate a wireless network.
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> mou.

    >I haven't networked a MAC but it uses ethernet doesn't it? Have you
    >successfully gotten either computer networked or are you in QA mode at this
    >point? You'll need a wireless router (or router + a wireless access point).
    >Each computer will need a wireless NIC card. Keep it simple at first and use
    >DHCP w/o any security features (WEP, WPA, MAC filtering, etc) Then go from
    >there. Are you just trying to gain internet connectivity for each machine?

    I believe that you will need a program like PCmaclan to share files
    though.

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

+ Reply to Thread