newb network question - Network

This is a discussion on newb network question - Network ; I just bought an 8 port hub and got everything all set up and working. I have 3 comps on the network using the IP's 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.3. I am running windows 98se and am using an internet connection sharing ...

  1. newb network question

    I just bought an 8 port hub and got everything all set up and working.
    I have 3 comps on the network using the IP's 192.168.0.1 -
    192.168.0.3. I am running windows 98se and am using an internet
    connection sharing program to connect the computers to the internet. I
    was just wondering how I could start a quake 3 host on one of the
    computers in my network. What IP would my friends use to connect over
    the internet, or is this possible?

    Thanks in advance,
    Andy

  2. Re: newb network question

    Yes but you would be better off using a router

    "Andy" wrote in message
    news:413c2e63.0401031541.53f8cfee@posting.google.c om...
    > I just bought an 8 port hub and got everything all set up and working.
    > I have 3 comps on the network using the IP's 192.168.0.1 -
    > 192.168.0.3. I am running windows 98se and am using an internet
    > connection sharing program to connect the computers to the internet. I
    > was just wondering how I could start a quake 3 host on one of the
    > computers in my network. What IP would my friends use to connect over
    > the internet, or is this possible?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Andy

+ Reply to Thread