Wireless g Linksys performing poorly...help! - Network

This is a discussion on Wireless g Linksys performing poorly...help! - Network ; We just installed a wireless g router and PCI adapter to my computer, and it has been less than convenient so far...I was wondering if anyone knows the problem...I am baffled, and I'm just about to the point of returning ...

  1. Wireless g Linksys performing poorly...help!

    We just installed a wireless g router and PCI adapter to my computer,
    and it has been less than convenient so far...I was wondering if
    anyone knows the problem...I am baffled, and I'm just about to the
    point of returning the PCI adapter and buying a 30-50 foot cord (as
    connecting with a cat 5 wire works perfectly). Basically, here are
    the facts (Windows XP):

    *When I make a connection to the "linksys" network, it only stays
    connected for a short period of time. I will be able to surf the web,
    but usually 10-30 minutes later in the lower right corner fo the
    screen it will say 'network connection unavaiable' or something like
    that, and I have to keep hitting "connect to network" like 30 times
    before I either give up or it reconnects. Basically, I am only
    connected to the network about 30-40% of the time. (I am only about
    10 feet from the router through a floor--signal strength is always
    excellent).

    *About 60% of the time, my network connection is terminated when I
    open up a game (Warcraft III). This occurs even when I open up the
    game and do not utilize its internet connection features.

    *called customer support...what they gave me did not work. Tried
    calling back but was put on hold for 45 (yes, 45) minutes.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Robb Massey

  2. Re: Wireless g Linksys performing poorly...help!

    RobbMassey@hotmail.com (Robb Massey) wrote in message news:...
    > *When I make a connection to the "linksys" network, it only stays
    > connected for a short period of time. I will be able to surf the web,
    > but usually 10-30 minutes later in the lower right corner fo the
    > screen it will say 'network connection unavaiable' or something like
    > that, and I have to keep hitting "connect to network" like 30 times
    > before I either give up or it reconnects. Basically, I am only
    > connected to the network about 30-40% of the time. (I am only about
    > 10 feet from the router through a floor--signal strength is always
    > excellent).

    I have a similar problem with dlink. No solution from them either at this point.

  3. Re: Wireless g Linksys performing poorly...help!

    RobbMassey@hotmail.com (Robb Massey) wrote in message news:...
    > We just installed a wireless g router and PCI adapter to my computer,
    > and it has been less than convenient so far...I was wondering if
    > anyone knows the problem...I am baffled, and I'm just about to the
    > point of returning the PCI adapter and buying a 30-50 foot cord (as
    > connecting with a cat 5 wire works perfectly). Basically, here are
    > the facts (Windows XP):
    >
    > *When I make a connection to the "linksys" network, it only stays
    > connected for a short period of time. I will be able to surf the web,
    > but usually 10-30 minutes later in the lower right corner fo the
    > screen it will say 'network connection unavaiable' or something like
    > that, and I have to keep hitting "connect to network" like 30 times
    > before I either give up or it reconnects. Basically, I am only
    > connected to the network about 30-40% of the time. (I am only about
    > 10 feet from the router through a floor--signal strength is always
    > excellent).
    >
    > *About 60% of the time, my network connection is terminated when I
    > open up a game (Warcraft III). This occurs even when I open up the
    > game and do not utilize its internet connection features.
    >
    > *called customer support...what they gave me did not work. Tried
    > calling back but was put on hold for 45 (yes, 45) minutes.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Robb Massey

    Hi Rob,

    same problem same configuration with me. It sucks majorly, especially
    since I have bought for my notebook a Kobishi(!?!?) 54G pcmcia card
    which cost new 17,5 euro = 22 U$ and performs magnificently with the
    linksys router/AP even from the garden. But the linksys pci G adapter
    standing 10 foot away from the router is losing connection or having
    very bad/weak signal. My god, if it was infrared it would have been a
    better connection since nothing is in between. I am very dissappointed
    in this linksys adapter. If you here anything bout the problem to be
    solved, mail me at aaa@juliaweb.REMOVETHISFORSPAM.nl

  4. Re: Wireless g Linksys performing poorly...help!

    > > that, and I have to keep hitting "connect to network" like 30 times
    > > before I either give up or it reconnects. Basically, I am only
    > > connected to the network about 30-40% of the time. (I am only about
    > > 10 feet from the router through a floor--signal strength is always
    > > excellent).

    Still no solution however, I have found an easy way to reconnect. If
    you go to networks and disable the network and then enable it, it
    seems to connect right away.

+ Reply to Thread