802.11g Novell Problem or Orinoco Problem - Network

This is a discussion on 802.11g Novell Problem or Orinoco Problem - Network ; I have a odd problem with the Proxim Orinoco B/G combo cards. I am running Eap-TLS with cisco 1200 802.11g access points. I have tried all driver versions up to the lastest 2.4.2.17 for this card. When the combo card ...

  1. 802.11g Novell Problem or Orinoco Problem

    I have a odd problem with the Proxim Orinoco B/G combo cards. I am
    running Eap-TLS with cisco 1200 802.11g access points. I have tried
    all driver versions up to the lastest 2.4.2.17 for this card. When
    the combo card is doing authentication and encryption at a connection
    higher than 11mb/s it has trouble browsing through folders on Novell
    mapped drives. This only occurs with this card and I have about 20 of
    them and they all act the same way. When I turn all security off the
    card works fine and has no trouble browsing and mapping novell drives.
    When I have security on and set the AP to only allow 11mb the card
    works fine too. I am using cisco ACS as the radius server. Any
    ideas why when using eap-tls with 802.11g at 54mb browsing novell
    mapped drives is a problem. Have not tried other G cards but other B
    cards work fine.

  2. Re: 802.11g Novell Problem or Orinoco Problem

    schramcj@notes.udayton.edu (chris) wrote in message news:...
    > I have a odd problem with the Proxim Orinoco B/G combo cards. I am
    > running Eap-TLS with cisco 1200 802.11g access points. I have tried
    > all driver versions up to the lastest 2.4.2.17 for this card. When
    > the combo card is doing authentication and encryption at a connection
    > higher than 11mb/s it has trouble browsing through folders on Novell
    > mapped drives. This only occurs with this card and I have about 20 of
    > them and they all act the same way. When I turn all security off the
    > card works fine and has no trouble browsing and mapping novell drives.
    > When I have security on and set the AP to only allow 11mb the card
    > works fine too. I am using cisco ACS as the radius server. Any
    > ideas why when using eap-tls with 802.11g at 54mb browsing novell
    > mapped drives is a problem. Have not tried other G cards but other B
    > cards work fine.

    Just an update but this looks like it is a novell problem because I
    have not tried a 3com card and Dlink card and entrasys card that all
    have the same problems at 12mb-54mb with EAP -tls enabled. I am going
    to sniff the link and see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread