Can't see XP Computer from Win2K laptop via linksys router - Network

This is a discussion on Can't see XP Computer from Win2K laptop via linksys router - Network ; Here's my setup: I have a Linksys 802.11G wireless router & 4-port hub. I have a WinXP Pro computer (name "Office") hardlined into the hub, and a Win2K Pro computer (name "Laptop") hooked to the router via wireless connection. Both ...

  1. Can't see XP Computer from Win2K laptop via linksys router

    Here's my setup:

    I have a Linksys 802.11G wireless router & 4-port hub.

    I have a WinXP Pro computer (name "Office") hardlined into the hub,
    and a Win2K Pro computer (name "Laptop") hooked to the router via
    wireless connection. Both computers are in Workgroup "WORKGROUP", and
    the DHCP Addresses have been auto-assigned as 192.168.1.100 (XP) and
    192.168.1.101 (2K) by the router.

    Both computers can speak to the hub, and I have normal internet access
    from both.

    I can ping the Laptop (2K) from the Office (XP) by either IP Address
    or name, and I can net send to the laptop via either identifier as
    well. In "My Network Places" on Office, I can see the laptop and
    connect to the shared drives like I would expect.

    However, I can't do anything the other way. The laptop cant see,
    ping, or net send the office. It does not recognize the 192.168.1.100
    address either. Additionally, I can't seem to get ANYTHING to appear
    in My Network Places. I go to My Network Places/Computers Near Me and
    I don't get anything. The system hangs for 15 secs or so and then I
    get the following error: "Workgroup is not accessible. The Network
    path was not found".

    I know I'm missing something stupid. Please help!

    -Greg

  2. Re: Can't see XP Computer from Win2K laptop via linksys router

    Hello

    Ive got this Problem to.
    I install the NETBUI Protocoll to each pc since than its allready work good!!!

    mark

    greg@correllnorth.com (Greg C.) wrote in message news:<9c86e0d2.0401010933.1b568f39@posting.google.com>...
    > Here's my setup:
    >
    > I have a Linksys 802.11G wireless router & 4-port hub.
    >
    > I have a WinXP Pro computer (name "Office") hardlined into the hub,
    > and a Win2K Pro computer (name "Laptop") hooked to the router via
    > wireless connection. Both computers are in Workgroup "WORKGROUP", and
    > the DHCP Addresses have been auto-assigned as 192.168.1.100 (XP) and
    > 192.168.1.101 (2K) by the router.
    >
    > Both computers can speak to the hub, and I have normal internet access
    > from both.
    >
    > I can ping the Laptop (2K) from the Office (XP) by either IP Address
    > or name, and I can net send to the laptop via either identifier as
    > well. In "My Network Places" on Office, I can see the laptop and
    > connect to the shared drives like I would expect.
    >
    > However, I can't do anything the other way. The laptop cant see,
    > ping, or net send the office. It does not recognize the 192.168.1.100
    > address either. Additionally, I can't seem to get ANYTHING to appear
    > in My Network Places. I go to My Network Places/Computers Near Me and
    > I don't get anything. The system hangs for 15 secs or so and then I
    > get the following error: "Workgroup is not accessible. The Network
    > path was not found".
    >
    > I know I'm missing something stupid. Please help!
    >
    > -Greg

+ Reply to Thread