uncommon problem - Network

This is a discussion on uncommon problem - Network ; Scenario: Cable internet (comcast) I have 2 computers, both connected to a router, router in turn connected to the cable modem. Both computers have Windows XP Both computers are able to communicate with each other, copy/move files, etc. Only one ...

  1. uncommon problem

    Scenario:

    Cable internet (comcast)
    I have 2 computers, both connected to a router, router in turn connected to
    the cable modem.
    Both computers have Windows XP
    Both computers are able to communicate with each other, copy/move files,
    etc.

    Only one computer can open web pages (Internet). The other one displays an
    error message "can-t open site" or something like that as soon as I launch
    Internet Explorer.

    I have done everything i know to solve this but still no success.
    Any ideas? Thanks a lot

  2. Re: uncommon problem

    "digitalage" wrote in message news:...
    > Scenario:
    >
    > Cable internet (comcast)
    > I have 2 computers, both connected to a router, router in turn connected to
    > the cable modem.
    > Both computers have Windows XP
    > Both computers are able to communicate with each other, copy/move files,
    > etc.
    >
    > Only one computer can open web pages (Internet). The other one displays an
    > error message "can-t open site" or something like that as soon as I launch
    > Internet Explorer.
    >
    > I have done everything i know to solve this but still no success.
    > Any ideas? Thanks a lot

    1st tell us what you have done

    1)Are you sure the IP configuration of this pc is good.
    better put it in Auto configuration of IP.router must be capble to DHCP server.

    2)Turn off the firewall on the XP machine .

    if it still not happening give us what (everything )you have done.

  3. Re: uncommon problem

    Hello

    and a happy new year

    verify every network configuration on the pc's.
    is the gateaway correctly? sometimes it would work if took the gateway
    to the DNS adress to!!!

    mark

    naveensarathi@indiatimes.com (Naveen) wrote in message news:<6197a3f5.0401020024.4d18640b@posting.google.com>...
    > "digitalage" wrote in message news:...
    > > Scenario:
    > >
    > > Cable internet (comcast)
    > > I have 2 computers, both connected to a router, router in turn connected to
    > > the cable modem.
    > > Both computers have Windows XP
    > > Both computers are able to communicate with each other, copy/move files,
    > > etc.
    > >
    > > Only one computer can open web pages (Internet). The other one displays an
    > > error message "can-t open site" or something like that as soon as I launch
    > > Internet Explorer.
    > >
    > > I have done everything i know to solve this but still no success.
    > > Any ideas? Thanks a lot

    > 1st tell us what you have done
    >
    > 1)Are you sure the IP configuration of this pc is good.
    > better put it in Auto configuration of IP.router must be capble to DHCP server.
    >
    > 2)Turn off the firewall on the XP machine .
    >
    > if it still not happening give us what (everything )you have done.

+ Reply to Thread