Linksys Router lost password - Network

This is a discussion on Linksys Router lost password - Network ; Does anyone know of a way to reset a linksys cable/DSL router's password WITHOUT using the reset function? The password for this box was never documented, and the network admin has left the company. I need to be able to ...

  1. Linksys Router lost password

    Does anyone know of a way to reset a linksys cable/DSL router's
    password WITHOUT using the reset function?

    The password for this box was never documented, and the network admin
    has left the company. I need to be able to get into the router ASAP
    to make some changes, and of course I don't have the password to do
    it.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Linksys Router lost password

    etown9799@yahoo.com (Adam Murray) wrote in message news:...
    > Does anyone know of a way to reset a linksys cable/DSL router's
    > password WITHOUT using the reset function?
    >
    > The password for this box was never documented, and the network admin
    > has left the company. I need to be able to get into the router ASAP
    > to make some changes, and of course I don't have the password to do
    > it.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thier will be reset button back side the router
    (don't take the reset button off during this process)
    Just hold it for 25 seconds and keep holding it and remove the power
    cable of
    router . keep it holding for 15 seconds.
    keep holding the reset button out the power cable back and wait for 10
    sec's

    after this switch it off for 20 sec and switch it on the password will
    be reset to default.

    Remeber all your confiration will be lost .
    it will restored to factory settings

+ Reply to Thread