3 Computer network help - Network

This is a discussion on 3 Computer network help - Network ; Computer 1: Windows 98SE Computer 2: Windows XP Professional Computer 3: Laptop running Windows 98SE Computers 2 and 3 will network together perfectly and allow full file sharing access. When linked with computer 3, computer 1 can ping computer 3 ...

  1. 3 Computer network help

    Computer 1: Windows 98SE
    Computer 2: Windows XP Professional
    Computer 3: Laptop running Windows 98SE

    Computers 2 and 3 will network together perfectly and allow full file
    sharing access.

    When linked with computer 3, computer 1 can ping computer 3 but not
    vice versa, and neither can see each other in network neighbourhood.

    Computers 1 and 2 do not ping each other, and will not view each other
    via network neighbourhood.

    All the hardware appears to be working fine, with updated drivers etc.
    Are there some settings that need to be changed in computer 1, as this
    is clearly the disfunctioning computer within the network? Windows
    support site is no help, and I am unable to find an easy to follow
    setup guide for making a network. Can someone please help me as this
    is a highly annoying problem.

    Thanks.

    Edward

  2. Re: 3 Computer network help

    On 30 Dec 2003 06:54:56 -0800, edwardmluk@hotmail.com (Edward) wrote:

    >Computer 1: Windows 98SE
    >Computer 2: Windows XP Professional
    >Computer 3: Laptop running Windows 98SE
    >
    >Computers 2 and 3 will network together perfectly and allow full file
    >sharing access.
    >
    >When linked with computer 3, computer 1 can ping computer 3 but not
    >vice versa, and neither can see each other in network neighbourhood.
    >
    >Computers 1 and 2 do not ping each other, and will not view each other
    >via network neighbourhood.
    >
    >All the hardware appears to be working fine, with updated drivers etc.
    >Are there some settings that need to be changed in computer 1, as this
    >is clearly the disfunctioning computer within the network? Windows
    >support site is no help, and I am unable to find an easy to follow
    >setup guide for making a network. Can someone please help me as this
    >is a highly annoying problem.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Edward

    What are your settings at the moment. IP ?? Subnet ??
    and are they all on the same workgroup with the same protocols
    installed?

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

+ Reply to Thread