windows 98Se and windows XP network help - Network

This is a discussion on windows 98Se and windows XP network help - Network ; I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each other's adress and get a reply via the command prompt, but neither can see ...

  1. windows 98Se and windows XP network help

    I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE
    being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each
    other's adress and get a reply via the command prompt, but neither can
    see the other in network neighbourhood. Any ideas??

    Thanks

    Edward

  2. Re: windows 98Se and windows XP network help

    Fixed this too.

  3. Re: windows 98Se and windows XP network help

    edwardmluk@hotmail.com (Edward) wrote in message news:<5e8d667.0312300617.507186ac@posting.google.com>...
    > I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE
    > being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each
    > other's adress and get a reply via the command prompt, but neither can
    > see the other in network neighbourhood. Any ideas??
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Edward

    check both the computer in the same work group.
    if it is not thier pls put on same network .

  4. Re: windows 98Se and windows XP network help

    hi there,
    yeh even they are in same group its happen some time, why ? i really
    don't know but i know some time you can access other pc via its ip and
    some time you can not but when you can access other pc via its ip then
    suttenly you can see them in network neighbourhood, i have this
    problme lots of time but i found only one solution, install netbios on
    both pc it will work again why i don't know (i know they communication
    i m mcp, mcse, mcdba, a+, ccna) but i can not understand this problem
    even i several time i mail all detail but i didn't get any reply from
    them i think ms also don't know about this.
    waseem

  5. Re: windows 98Se and windows XP network help

    wasim21k@hotmail.com (Waseem Javid) wrote in message news:<4a9e676.0401021107.40f82b03@posting.google.com>...
    > hi there,
    > yeh even they are in same group its happen some time, why ? i really
    > don't know but i know some time you can access other pc via its ip and
    > some time you can not but when you can access other pc via its ip then
    > suttenly you can see them in network neighbourhood, i have this
    > problme lots of time but i found only one solution, install netbios on
    > both pc it will work again why i don't know (i know they communication
    > i m mcp, mcse, mcdba, a+, ccna) but i can not understand this problem
    > even i several time i mail all detail but i didn't get any reply from
    > them i think ms also don't know about this.
    > waseem

    Wassem
    this is becouse the down ward compatiblite bug in Microsoft Protocolo
    once you install netbui it startx working in native mode , so you
    problme will be solved

+ Reply to Thread