yahoo dsl + home web server - Network

This is a discussion on yahoo dsl + home web server - Network ; Hi, I am trying to set up a web server at home and I am having a bit of an issue. I have the following components... - SBC-Yahoo Dynamic DSL package. 1 Dynamic IP address. - works fine. - A ...

  1. yahoo dsl + home web server

    Hi,

    I am trying to set up a web server at home and I am having a bit of an
    issue. I have the following components...

    - SBC-Yahoo Dynamic DSL package. 1 Dynamic IP address. - works fine.
    - A Netgear Wireless MR814 router which provides
    - dhcp for all the computes at home
    - wireless connections for the laptops
    - natting for the inside network.

    So I have one of the laptops with linux (IP: 192.168.0.200) and
    running a web server at port 80 and 443. I have the netgear set to
    port forward all traffic to port 80 to the internal
    IP:192.168.0.200:80.

    Everthing works fine from inside, as all the comps are all on the same
    lan. but even if I try to connect to the Dynamic IP port 80, nothing
    happens ? SBC-Yahoo support tells me that port 80 is not blocked.

    Once that is solved, I can set up dynamic DNS for my domain name ?

    any suggestions ?
    thanks
    Sriram

  2. Re: yahoo dsl + home web server

    sriram_sitaraman@yahoo.com (sriram sitararman) wrote in message news:<3b9ce530.0312300158.4cbd72e2@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to set up a web server at home and I am having a bit of an
    > issue. I have the following components...
    >
    > - SBC-Yahoo Dynamic DSL package. 1 Dynamic IP address. - works fine.
    > - A Netgear Wireless MR814 router which provides
    > - dhcp for all the computes at home
    > - wireless connections for the laptops
    > - natting for the inside network.
    >
    > So I have one of the laptops with linux (IP: 192.168.0.200) and
    > running a web server at port 80 and 443. I have the netgear set to
    > port forward all traffic to port 80 to the internal
    > IP:192.168.0.200:80.
    >
    > Everthing works fine from inside, as all the comps are all on the same
    > lan. but even if I try to connect to the Dynamic IP port 80, nothing
    > happens ? SBC-Yahoo support tells me that port 80 is not blocked.
    >
    > Once that is solved, I can set up dynamic DNS for my domain name ?
    >
    > any suggestions ?
    > thanks
    > Sriram

    SBC-yahoo is telling the rith thing , they can 't block the prot 80
    thier must be proble with configration of router ,
    just reset the router and reconfigure the router form the scratch

    if still you face the problem just put the linux host to DMZ
    it should work

+ Reply to Thread