router, console-port - Network

This is a discussion on router, console-port - Network ; i have an intellinet-broadband router. the correct description is: broadband router with 4 port 10/100 switch. and is also called 1-router-4s. now, what i want to do is, connect a modem as backup to the console port. but i don't ...

  1. router, console-port

    i have an intellinet-broadband router.
    the correct description is: broadband router with 4 port 10/100
    switch. and is also called 1-router-4s.
    now, what i want to do is, connect a modem as backup to the console
    port. but i don't know the pin designation of the rj-45 connector. and
    because i don't know where i put my cable, i need to know the pinout
    to build my own adaptor-cable.
    intellinet's support is not goin to support me anymore (why???).
    and several resources in the i-net show different pinouts for routers.
    different MEANS different. for eg. there is one pin signed for gnd and
    the other says that exactly the same pin is txd....

    anyway, every comment, suggestion or help is welcome

    THANX a lot.

  2. Re: router, console-port

    "patrick" wrote in message
    news:fbb07e6c.0312270314.2294fc95@posting.google.c om...
    > i have an intellinet-broadband router.
    > the correct description is: broadband router with 4 port 10/100
    > switch. and is also called 1-router-4s.
    > now, what i want to do is, connect a modem as backup to the console
    > port. but i don't know the pin designation of the rj-45 connector. and
    > because i don't know where i put my cable, i need to know the pinout
    > to build my own adaptor-cable.
    > intellinet's support is not goin to support me anymore (why???).
    > and several resources in the i-net show different pinouts for routers.
    > different MEANS different. for eg. there is one pin signed for gnd and
    > the other says that exactly the same pin is txd....
    >
    > anyway, every comment, suggestion or help is welcome
    >
    > THANX a lot.

    Don't know the Intellinet specifically but many manufacturers (Not Cisco !)
    use the EIA/TIA 561 standard (or at least a subset of it) for presentation
    of RS232 signals on an RJ45 connector. See the following :_
    http://www.zytrax.com/tech/layer_1/c...rs232.htm#rj45

    HTH

    Chris O

  3. Re: router, console-port