How do I connect laptop wireless to desktop to share files and internet - Network

This is a discussion on How do I connect laptop wireless to desktop to share files and internet - Network ; I have a desktop PC conneted to Internet via a USB ADSL modem. I also have a laptop PC that I now would like to connect wireless to the desktop so that I can share files and the internet connection. ...

  1. How do I connect laptop wireless to desktop to share files and internet

    I have a desktop PC conneted to Internet via a USB ADSL modem. I also
    have a laptop PC that I now would like to connect wireless to the
    desktop so that I can share files and the internet connection. What
    hardware do I need?

  2. Re: How do I connect laptop wireless to desktop to share files and internet

    caro970103@hotmail.com (Magnus S) wrote in message news:<171f2b14.0312261309.12febf10@posting.google.com>...
    > I have a desktop PC conneted to Internet via a USB ADSL modem. I also
    > have a laptop PC that I now would like to connect wireless to the
    > desktop so that I can share files and the internet connection. What
    > hardware do I need?

    You have a two option.
    first.
    You can go for wirless network card for desktop and wirelss network
    card for laptop.
    It needs configration. it is little tuff to maintain.

    limited and adviced for ony two host(if your not plaing for future)

    if you are planing for future expansion go for second.
    Second.
    wireless network card for Desktop.
    wirless network card for Laptop.
    Wirless router.(once you purchase router you can tell your ISP to
    provied the Internet to that router directly Insted of desktop.. In
    this case you pc need not to swith on when your access ing internet on
    the laptop. becouse your router will take care of ineternet sharing.)

    before you purchaising take some tips regding products
    802.11b products can trasefrer data up to 11mps /speed
    802.11g or 54g products can transfer data up to 54mbps /speed

    I suggest go for 802.11g product.

+ Reply to Thread