Broadband router and Win SBS 2003 - Network

This is a discussion on Broadband router and Win SBS 2003 - Network ; I hope anyone can help. Is it possible (and useful) to make the folliwong network tolopogy: I would like to connect my cable-modem to the SMC7004 router. What if I connect the Win SBS 2003 server to the router and ...

  1. Broadband router and Win SBS 2003

    I hope anyone can help.

    Is it possible (and useful) to make the folliwong network tolopogy:

    I would like to connect my cable-modem to the SMC7004 router.
    What if I connect the Win SBS 2003 server to the router and on a 2nd
    NIC a switch and the clients. Could it work? How does one resolve the
    two NAT-services right after each other (SBServer and SMCrouter) ? Is
    it useful to combine the two firewalls?
    The purpose of this all? I want to use some computers on the router to
    connect to the internet without having them part of the
    business-network.
    Will it work this way?

    Thanks in advance.

    P Landman

  2. Re: Broadband router and Win SBS 2003

    landman@freemail.nl (Peer Landman) wrote in message news:...
    > I hope anyone can help.
    >
    > Is it possible (and useful) to make the folliwong network tolopogy:
    >
    > I would like to connect my cable-modem to the SMC7004 router.
    > What if I connect the Win SBS 2003 server to the router and on a 2nd
    > NIC a switch and the clients. Could it work? How does one resolve the
    > two NAT-services right after each other (SBServer and SMCrouter) ? Is
    > it useful to combine the two firewalls?
    > The purpose of this all? I want to use some computers on the router to
    > connect to the internet without having them part of the
    > business-network.
    > Will it work this way?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > P Landman

    Is it usefull or not i don't know
    but it should work if your win sbs 2003 server is capable of routing.
    just enalble routing in SBS server. turn off firewall in win sbs
    server , enable the firewall in the router it self.
    Nat-service will take care of resoving

    go ahead

+ Reply to Thread