Winsock 10060 Error - Network

This is a discussion on Winsock 10060 Error - Network ; I am using dameware to connect to a remote pc. When i try connecting i get this error. Winsock Connect Error: System Error: 10060 System Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a ...

  1. Winsock 10060 Error

    I am using dameware to connect to a remote pc. When i try connecting i
    get this error.

    Winsock Connect Error:
    System Error: 10060
    System Message:
    A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
    failed because connected host has failed to respond.
    2.)
    The Host computer may not be online. [M35235TRUL00MC]
    3.)
    Ping returned: IP Request Timed Out
    4.)
    If an error is related to a name resolution issue, try using IP
    address instead of host name.
    5.)
    Make sure there is a network route to the remote host via the TCP
    protocol using the selected port (default port 6129).

    Also when i try to map a drive I get a network path [computer name]
    could not be found error.

    When I ping the computer by name the correct IP address is shown but
    it delivers a request time out. I get the same information when I ping
    by IP address request time out.

    I have also gone a plugged into the same switch and tried to remote to
    this computer and received the same error. i can however remote into
    other computers on this segment with no problem.

    The strange part is the user can get to his email, the intra-net, and
    internet with no problems.

    Has anyone seen this situation?

    Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.

    faf

  2. Re: Winsock 10060 Error

    On 26 Dec 2003 08:03:33 -0800, faf1967@yahoo.com (PF) wrote:

    >I am using dameware to connect to a remote pc. When i try connecting i
    >get this error.
    >
    >Winsock Connect Error:
    >System Error: 10060
    >System Message:
    >A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    >properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
    >failed because connected host has failed to respond.
    >2.)
    >The Host computer may not be online. [M35235TRUL00MC]
    >3.)
    >Ping returned: IP Request Timed Out
    >4.)
    >If an error is related to a name resolution issue, try using IP
    >address instead of host name.
    >5.)
    >Make sure there is a network route to the remote host via the TCP
    >protocol using the selected port (default port 6129).
    >
    >Also when i try to map a drive I get a network path [computer name]
    >could not be found error.
    >
    >When I ping the computer by name the correct IP address is shown but
    >it delivers a request time out. I get the same information when I ping
    >by IP address request time out.
    >
    >I have also gone a plugged into the same switch and tried to remote to
    >this computer and received the same error. i can however remote into
    >other computers on this segment with no problem.
    >
    >The strange part is the user can get to his email, the intra-net, and
    >internet with no problems.
    >
    >Has anyone seen this situation?
    >
    >Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    >faf

    Does he have a firewall enabled ????

    Taff..............

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

  3. Re: Winsock 10060 Error

    faf1967@yahoo.com (PF) wrote in message news:<20c68a07.0312260803.73b43c4c@posting.google.com>...
    > I am using dameware to connect to a remote pc. When i try connecting i
    > get this error.
    >
    > Winsock Connect Error:
    > System Error: 10060
    > System Message:
    > A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    > properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
    > failed because connected host has failed to respond.
    > 2.)
    > The Host computer may not be online. [M35235TRUL00MC]
    > 3.)
    > Ping returned: IP Request Timed Out
    > 4.)
    > If an error is related to a name resolution issue, try using IP
    > address instead of host name.
    > 5.)
    > Make sure there is a network route to the remote host via the TCP
    > protocol using the selected port (default port 6129).
    >
    > Also when i try to map a drive I get a network path [computer name]
    > could not be found error.
    >
    > When I ping the computer by name the correct IP address is shown but
    > it delivers a request time out. I get the same information when I ping
    > by IP address request time out.
    >
    > I have also gone a plugged into the same switch and tried to remote to
    > this computer and received the same error. i can however remote into
    > other computers on this segment with no problem.
    >
    > The strange part is the user can get to his email, the intra-net, and
    > internet with no problems.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this situation?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > faf

    No there are no firewalls configured.

  4. Re: Winsock 10060 Error

    faf1967@yahoo.com (PF) wrote in message news:<20c68a07.0312261722.65f459ec@posting.google.com>...
    > faf1967@yahoo.com (PF) wrote in message news:<20c68a07.0312260803.73b43c4c@posting.google.com>...
    > > I am using dameware to connect to a remote pc. When i try connecting i
    > > get this error.
    > >
    > > Winsock Connect Error:
    > > System Error: 10060
    > > System Message:
    > > A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    > > properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
    > > failed because connected host has failed to respond.
    > > 2.)
    > > The Host computer may not be online. [M35235TRUL00MC]
    > > 3.)
    > > Ping returned: IP Request Timed Out
    > > 4.)
    > > If an error is related to a name resolution issue, try using IP
    > > address instead of host name.
    > > 5.)
    > > Make sure there is a network route to the remote host via the TCP
    > > protocol using the selected port (default port 6129).
    > >
    > > Also when i try to map a drive I get a network path [computer name]
    > > could not be found error.
    > >
    > > When I ping the computer by name the correct IP address is shown but
    > > it delivers a request time out. I get the same information when I ping
    > > by IP address request time out.
    > >
    > > I have also gone a plugged into the same switch and tried to remote to
    > > this computer and received the same error. i can however remote into
    > > other computers on this segment with no problem.
    > >
    > > The strange part is the user can get to his email, the intra-net, and
    > > internet with no problems.
    > >
    > > Has anyone seen this situation?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > faf

    > No there are no firewalls configured.

    yes this happens when icmp prot is bloked on switch
    or
    If personal firewall on the host is activated.
    chekc of any personal firewall softwarre on the both pc's
    ifit is thier just un-install it . and try .
    basical firewall blocks all the other port other then http(web)
    mail(for outlok) etc

    just try to uninstall the firewall ,

    if you don't find a firewall on the computers.
    then it must be enable in the ethernet configuration. just chekc the
    network configuration.
    you never told which OS you are using .
    I f it is xp then you have built in firewall in Windows XP so you need
    to disable it and you will be able to work.
    to diable right clik on Lan connection and select the advaced option
    and disable the fire wall.

    hope full your problem is solved.

    bye
    Naveen