I'm trying to set up a peer to peer network between 2 computers. One
running windows 98 SE and the other running windows XP pro. I have set
up the Ips to be 192.168.2.200 (win98) and 192.168.2.201 (XP), and
both subnet mask's are 255.255.255.0, i have disabled firewall
protection on XP computer, and the hardware cables and switch all work
fine, coz I use them in xbox linkups. I'm unable to see the other
computer from either computer. I eventually want to share an internet
connection with the XP machine from the 98SE machine, but firstly i
want to just share files. Can anyone give me some useful ideas, or
step-by-step instructions as to the cause(s) of my problem. Ta very
much.

ed