Monitoring Internet Bandwidth on a LAN - Network

This is a discussion on Monitoring Internet Bandwidth on a LAN - Network ; If you have a LAN with many computers, is there a way to monitor how much bandwidth each computer is using. I need to find out if there is a computer on our network that is slowing our internet down. ...

  1. Monitoring Internet Bandwidth on a LAN

    If you have a LAN with many computers, is there a way to monitor how
    much bandwidth each computer is using. I need to find out if there is
    a computer on our network that is slowing our internet down. A
    software to buy would be the soulotion most prefered, but any solution
    would be fine. The program could say just the current bandwidth usage
    of each computer, i doesn't have to be a log.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Monitoring Internet Bandwidth on a LAN

    brunstadlion@yahoo.com (Need help) wrote in message news:...
    > If you have a LAN with many computers, is there a way to monitor how
    > much bandwidth each computer is using. I need to find out if there is
    > a computer on our network that is slowing our internet down. A
    > software to buy would be the soulotion most prefered, but any solution
    > would be fine. The program could say just the current bandwidth usage
    > of each computer, i doesn't have to be a log.
    >
    > Thanks

    I had similiar problems with my lan. One of the computers was infected
    with virus and was slowing the entire network. You can check on your
    ethernet switch (or Hub) which of the pc's is causing problems. The
    leds go berserk in such cases.

  3. Re: Monitoring Internet Bandwidth on a LAN

    sachin.kabbur@ip3systems.com (Sach) wrote in message news:...
    > brunstadlion@yahoo.com (Need help) wrote in message news:...
    > > If you have a LAN with many computers, is there a way to monitor how
    > > much bandwidth each computer is using. I need to find out if there is
    > > a computer on our network that is slowing our internet down. A
    > > software to buy would be the soulotion most prefered, but any solution
    > > would be fine. The program could say just the current bandwidth usage
    > > of each computer, i doesn't have to be a log.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > I had similiar problems with my lan. One of the computers was infected
    > with virus and was slowing the entire network. You can check on your
    > ethernet switch (or Hub) which of the pc's is causing problems. The
    > leds go berserk in such cases.

    Ethereal free Networkmonitor at http://www.ethereal.com/
    Onlineeye Pro for Homeusers at http://www.pmasoft.net

+ Reply to Thread