HELP with wireless network - Network

This is a discussion on HELP with wireless network - Network ; Thanks for any help in advance. I have a 2-wire wireless router. My PC is harwired to the 2 wire, and the others are wireless. I am trying to run an IRC and HTTP server while on this network. I ...

  1. HELP with wireless network

    Thanks for any help in advance.

    I have a 2-wire wireless router. My PC is harwired to the 2 wire, and the
    others are wireless. I am trying to run an IRC and HTTP server while on this
    network. I only have 1 IP available to me from my ISP so somehow I need to
    make this work without taking it off the 2-wire. The 2 wire has a firewall
    on it that you can no t turn off. I have tried to set it to allow a HTTP
    server and IRC server to run through it but the private IP is not allowing
    me to do this. SOmehow I know there is a way to make my IP the routers I and
    run everything through my computer giving me a static IP{ address and still
    be secure. Ive done it a LONG time ago but cant remember what I did to get
    it there. PLZ help!!!!.

  2. Re: HELP with wireless network

    jacquelinewalton wrote:
    > Thanks for any help in advance.
    >
    > I have a 2-wire wireless router. My PC is harwired to the 2 wire, and the
    > others are wireless. I am trying to run an IRC and HTTP server while on this
    > network. I only have 1 IP available to me from my ISP so somehow I need to
    > make this work without taking it off the 2-wire. The 2 wire has a firewall
    > on it that you can no t turn off. I have tried to set it to allow a HTTP
    > server and IRC server to run through it but the private IP is not allowing
    > me to do this. SOmehow I know there is a way to make my IP the routers I and
    > run everything through my computer giving me a static IP{ address and still
    > be secure. Ive done it a LONG time ago but cant remember what I did to get
    > it there. PLZ help!!!!.

    Should be able to open ports to your servers. But if you can't, does
    your router have a DMZ setting? Place your server in the DMZ.

+ Reply to Thread