I have a network based on a Microsoft mn 500 base station
with a second computer connected via an mn-130 PCI adapter.
This system has been working flawlessly for months. Last
night we lost power while the system was running. When
power returned, the second computer
showed a "found new hardware" dialog for an ethernet
adapter. The broadband networking utility said I wasn't
connected to the network or internet and I can't access
either. My third computer, a notebook connected
wirelessly, connects properly. I have tried rebooting,
reseting the base station, system restore (Win XP), and
reinstalling the software from the CD. The latter won't
work because it properly reports that the software on the
machine has been upgraded to a newer version. The device manager shows
an ethernet adapter by an unknown vendor which is not
functioning properly.

What do I do?
..