Which PCI network card is best? - Network

This is a discussion on Which PCI network card is best? - Network ; Dear readers, I have two network PCI cards, and would like to know, if there is a difference in quality/preformance of the two: D-Link DFE-530TX PCI 10/100Mbit 3Com Parallel Tasking II 3C905B-TX-NM XL PCI 10/100Mbit Does anyone know if one ...

  1. Which PCI network card is best?

    Dear readers,

    I have two network PCI cards, and would like to know, if there is a
    difference in quality/preformance of the two:

    D-Link DFE-530TX PCI 10/100Mbit
    3Com Parallel Tasking II 3C905B-TX-NM XL PCI 10/100Mbit

    Does anyone know if one of them is better than the other?=)

    Lots of love,
    Janni

    Ps. I shall use it under Linux, if that makes a difference.

  2. Re: Which PCI network card is best?

    Janni Jensen wrote in message news:...
    > Dear readers,
    >
    > I have two network PCI cards, and would like to know, if there is a
    > difference in quality/preformance of the two:
    >
    > D-Link DFE-530TX PCI 10/100Mbit
    > 3Com Parallel Tasking II 3C905B-TX-NM XL PCI 10/100Mbit
    >
    > Does anyone know if one of them is better than the other?=)
    >
    > Lots of love,
    > Janni
    >
    > Ps. I shall use it under Linux, if that makes a difference.

    If it's just a home network, the only thing you have to really worry
    about is the network speed and both cards operate at 100Mbps. The
    other thing you *must* check is that both are supported by whichever
    Linux version you are running, you can check that out at the home page
    for the version you run eg Mandrake or Red Hat. Unless the drivers for
    Linux come with the cards.

  3. Re: Which PCI network card is best?

    I want to change my nic card to a usb nic device,the first card is build
    into the board
    "Janni Jensen" wrote in message
    newsan.2003.12.12.14.18.49.209980@t_h_i_s_elvis.com...
    > Dear readers,
    >
    > I have two network PCI cards, and would like to know, if there is a
    > difference in quality/preformance of the two:
    >
    > D-Link DFE-530TX PCI 10/100Mbit
    > 3Com Parallel Tasking II 3C905B-TX-NM XL PCI 10/100Mbit
    >
    > Does anyone know if one of them is better than the other?=)
    >
    > Lots of love,
    > Janni
    >
    > Ps. I shall use it under Linux, if that makes a difference.

  4. Re: Which PCI network card is best?

    trer
    "Janni Jensen" wrote in message
    newsan.2003.12.12.14.18.49.209980@t_h_i_s_elvis.com...
    > Dear readers,
    >
    > I have two network PCI cards, and would like to know, if there is a
    > difference in quality/preformance of the two:
    >
    > D-Link DFE-530TX PCI 10/100Mbit
    > 3Com Parallel Tasking II 3C905B-TX-NM XL PCI 10/100Mbit
    >
    > Does anyone know if one of them is better than the other?=)
    >
    > Lots of love,
    > Janni
    >
    > Ps. I shall use it under Linux, if that makes a difference.

+ Reply to Thread