I have a customer that has an IBase i815e motherboard with two
on-board NICS. Both have statically assigned IP addresses and both
are on the same network. With both connected, he can ping each IP
address but where it gets weird is that if he disconnects the cable
from one of the NICs he can still ping BOTH IP addresses and it
doesn't matter which one he disconnects! If he disconnects both then
Ping times out as expected. Anyone have any ideas? Is this a
hardware or setup issue. The customer is not local so I can't go and
physically troubleshoot the machine.