looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't appropriate to kids - Network

This is a discussion on looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't appropriate to kids - Network ; I participate in a technical committee at my daughters' school. We are looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't appropriate to kids… The team looked at N2H2 and found that it "is strictly a black ...

  1. looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't appropriate to kids

    I participate in a technical committee at my daughters' school. We are
    looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't
    appropriate to kids… The team looked at N2H2 and found that it "is
    strictly a black list and not very dynamic software."

    Do you know of other apps that we might take a look at???

  2. Re: looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't appropriate to kids

    In article <13f9da9f.0311181717.71ac5a92@posting.google.com>,
    ryan.g.loving@us.army.mil says...
    > I participate in a technical committee at my daughters' school. We are
    > looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't
    > appropriate to kids… The team looked at N2H2 and found that it "is
    > strictly a black list and not very dynamic software."
    >
    > Do you know of other apps that we might take a look at???

    You should consider purchasing a firewall that will include web blocking
    ability with the extra features of protecting your workstations and
    network devices. Web Blocker can filter 14 different categories of
    content. I use it to keep my kids from being exposed to that crap.

    A firewall is not cheap, but it's a good means to the solution.

    spamfree999@rrohio.com
    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

  3. Re: looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't appropriate to kids

    "Jackson Loving" wrote in message
    news:13f9da9f.0311181717.71ac5a92@posting.google.c om...
    > I participate in a technical committee at my daughters' school. We are
    > looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't
    > appropriate to kids. The team looked at N2H2 and found that it "is
    > strictly a black list and not very dynamic software."
    >
    > Do you know of other apps that we might take a look at???

    N2H2 sucks. I would take a look at XSTOP (www.xstop.com) Very nice unit.

  4. Re: looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't appropriate to kids

    You can use ITShield firewal (http://www.itshield.com) + Websense
    (http://www.websense.com) URL filter.

    "Jackson Loving" wrote in message
    news:13f9da9f.0311181717.71ac5a92@posting.google.c om...
    > I participate in a technical committee at my daughters' school. We are
    > looking for filtering sw that can help keep out content that isn't
    > appropriate to kids. The team looked at N2H2 and found that it "is
    > strictly a black list and not very dynamic software."
    >
    > Do you know of other apps that we might take a look at???

+ Reply to Thread