Connecting a Cisco Router to a Lucent Router - Network

This is a discussion on Connecting a Cisco Router to a Lucent Router - Network ; I'm trying to connect a Cisco2610XM using a PRI WAN Module to a Lucent MAX6000 router. I can connect to the MAX6000 but get dropped straight away. have verified E1 (line)connection is good, Cisco configuration is good and Lucent config ...

  1. Connecting a Cisco Router to a Lucent Router

    I'm trying to connect a Cisco2610XM using a PRI WAN Module to a Lucent
    MAX6000 router.

    I can connect to the MAX6000 but get dropped straight away. have
    verified E1 (line)connection is good, Cisco configuration is good and
    Lucent config is good.

    Any ideas

  2. Re: Connecting a Cisco Router to a Lucent Router

    geekmachine64@yahoo.com.au (Geek) wrote in message news:<1061534e.0311152313.5f98fd88@posting.google.com>...
    > I'm trying to connect a Cisco2610XM using a PRI WAN Module to a Lucent
    > MAX6000 router.
    >
    > I can connect to the MAX6000 but get dropped straight away. have
    > verified E1 (line)connection is good, Cisco configuration is good and
    > Lucent config is good.
    >
    > Any ideas

    From my dim & distant past I recall an issue connecting Lucent(Ascend)
    Max & Pipelines to Cisco. I believe it is related to the way that
    Cisco handles PAP & CHAP authentication which would produce the
    results you have - connect, fail authentication, drop call. There was
    a tech note on the Lucent website which gives the setup on both sides
    to make this work, which it does - I've seen it work. Unfortunately it
    is no longer freely accessible - requires support contract to register
    so I suggest you talk to your local Lucent office or re-seller to get
    the info.

    Hope this helps.

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread