Applying Computer settings taking longer time - Network

This is a discussion on Applying Computer settings taking longer time - Network ; We have 2000 domain(one PDC and two ADC) with nearly 150 windows 2000 professional clients, In some computers its taking longer time for Applying Computer settings , so logging to the PC taking a longer time ..What might be the ...

  1. Applying Computer settings taking longer time

    We have 2000 domain(one PDC and two ADC) with nearly 150 windows 2000
    professional clients, In some computers its taking longer time for
    Applying Computer settings , so logging to the PC taking a longer time
    ..What might be the problem ? Not with all PC;s but with some
    Pls help me
    Thanks in advance
    KK

  2. Re: Applying Computer settings taking longer time

    kk@sitamoht.zzn.com (KK) wrote in message news:<2a792aa4.0311121934.63a3be65@posting.google.com>...
    > We have 2000 domain(one PDC and two ADC) with nearly 150 windows 2000
    > professional clients, In some computers its taking longer time for
    > Applying Computer settings , so logging to the PC taking a longer time
    > .What might be the problem ? Not with all PC;s but with some
    > Pls help me
    > Thanks in advance
    > KK

    what does "long" mean to you? do you have any new GPOs, is this domain
    divided in to OUs, are all the computers in the same OU, how about the
    users. what type of systems are they, how much memory they have, hard
    disk space, have you defrag lately? have you check repmon for
    replication times? does everyone logon at the same time? what is your
    network utilization.

    i hope with this i'm teaching you to fish.

    good luck
    --Lehi

  3. Re: Applying Computer settings taking longer time

    On 12 Nov 2003 19:34:55 -0800, kk@sitamoht.zzn.com (KK) wrote:

    >We have 2000 domain(one PDC and two ADC) with nearly 150 windows 2000
    >professional clients, In some computers its taking longer time for
    >Applying Computer settings , so logging to the PC taking a longer time
    >.What might be the problem ? Not with all PC;s but with some
    >Pls help me
    >Thanks in advance
    >KK

    I have the same problem, 2 computers, both approx the same setup.
    1 applies the setting in about 4 seconds, the other takes almost 20
    seconds, no apparent reason for it. These machines are stand alone
    units, no network, so it seems to be a win2k problem.

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

+ Reply to Thread