network path not found in win 2000 PRO - Network

This is a discussion on network path not found in win 2000 PRO - Network ; Symptom: Computer 'Alpha', a win 2k pro machine was working properly earlier in the day. Now I cannot reach the network shares or map a drive. I am able to ping the ip address, netbios name and gateways of the ...

  1. network path not found in win 2000 PRO

    Symptom: Computer 'Alpha', a win 2k pro machine was working properly
    earlier in the day. Now I cannot reach the network shares or map a
    drive. I am able to ping the ip address, netbios name and gateways of
    the win 2k server and other desktops. I am able to connect to the
    internet. I am able to ping netbios names from the command prompt.
    The computers on the LAN are unable to ping the 'Alpha'. I jumped off
    the domain and entered a made up workgroup called X. I then changed
    the computer name from 'alpha' to 'alpha1'. I tried to re-enter the
    domain, but was denied. I re-installed TCP/IP and was able to log
    back onto the domain. I was able to log back on to some shares.
    Until the following morning and the network shares were lost again.
    Any suggestions???

  2. Re: network path not found in win 2000 PRO

    cibernardo2000@yahoo.com (len) wrote in message news:<500ba132.0311120822.29352819@posting.google.com>...
    > Symptom: Computer 'Alpha', a win 2k pro machine was working properly
    > earlier in the day. Now I cannot reach the network shares or map a
    > drive. I am able to ping the ip address, netbios name and gateways of
    > the win 2k server and other desktops. I am able to connect to the
    > internet. I am able to ping netbios names from the command prompt.
    > The computers on the LAN are unable to ping the 'Alpha'. I jumped off
    > the domain and entered a made up workgroup called X. I then changed
    > the computer name from 'alpha' to 'alpha1'. I tried to re-enter the
    > domain, but was denied. I re-installed TCP/IP and was able to log
    > back onto the domain. I was able to log back on to some shares.
    > Until the following morning and the network shares were lost again.
    > Any suggestions???

    you don't have permission anymore, your computer account in the domain
    is alpha not alpha1, login as domain admin and add alpha1 to the
    domain and log on to the domain not the local system.

    hope this helps
    --Lehi

+ Reply to Thread