Re: printing over network trouble - Network

This is a discussion on Re: printing over network trouble - Network ; > Setup small p2p network up with 4 computers, (3) running 98 ,(1) running 95. > when I try to print from 98 machine to printer connected to the 95 machine, > the printer only prints the first 1/4 to ...

  1. Re: printing over network trouble

    > Setup small p2p network up with 4 computers, (3) running 98 ,(1) running
    95.
    > when I try to print from 98 machine to printer connected to the 95

    machine,
    > the printer only prints the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the page. I have tried to
    > print from different
    > programs with the same results.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be helpful.
    > thanks
    > Darrell

    there is probably not enough memory on the printer for the whole
    document and it's just giving up in the middle.

    try setting the printer to print directly to the printer and not
    spool, use different graphics options, try a different printer.

    if this does not help, let us know the type of printer you have and
    the computer hardware you have, specially memory and HD space, to get
    a better idea.

    good luck, let us know --Lehi

    The 95 machine is a133mhz with 48megs of ram, the printer is a hp 3820.
    The 98 machines are 166 & 266 mhz with 32 megs of ram

  2. Re: printing over network trouble

    "res0qlsq" wrote in message news:...
    > > Setup small p2p network up with 4 computers, (3) running 98 ,(1) running

    > 95.
    > > when I try to print from 98 machine to printer connected to the 95

    > machine,
    > > the printer only prints the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the page. I have tried to
    > > print from different
    > > programs with the same results.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions would be helpful.
    > > thanks
    > > Darrell

    > there is probably not enough memory on the printer for the whole
    > document and it's just giving up in the middle.
    >
    > try setting the printer to print directly to the printer and not
    > spool, use different graphics options, try a different printer.
    >
    > if this does not help, let us know the type of printer you have and
    > the computer hardware you have, specially memory and HD space, to get
    > a better idea.
    >
    > good luck, let us know --Lehi
    >

    > The 95 machine is a133mhz with 48megs of ram, the printer is a hp 3820.
    > The 98 machines are 166 & 266 mhz with 32 megs of ram

    Darrell,

    i was looking at the requirements on the hp web site

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search...d09332#P12_135

    (on the above link you should be able to copy and paste both lines,
    but if you can't, copy both lines to the browser back to back before
    pressing the go button on the browser. )

    and it seems that you are on the minimum side, you must know that the
    minimum requirements will work only if you are not using the computer
    for anything else. but obviously you need to open an application to
    print from,

    you did not mentioned how much hard drive space you have left, and
    this is somewhat important, also, what system is the printer hooked
    to.

    here are some things to try though:

    ussually the printers have a self test that prints a page, you can
    look at the documentation and print one test, probably by holding one
    of the buttons on the printer.

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search...et375045&cc=us

    (on the above link you should be able to copy and paste both lines,
    but if you can't, copy both lines to the browser back to back before
    pressing the go button on the browser. )

    if this test finishes correclty then this means your system is too
    slow or needs more memory or needs more hard drive space, it could be
    any of the three.

    if it does not print correctly then the printer does not work, or
    it's running out of ink, try replacing the ink cartridge first, and if
    it does not help then the printer is bad and at the price of repairs
    you are better off buying a new one (check first if you have warranty
    on it and get hp to fix it, they are very good at helping customer in
    my experience)

    ps - i still think that your system is not fast enough to send all the
    information to the printer and is droping the file to print in the
    middle, i don't want to suggest upgrading this systems but maybe get a
    faster system, but try the above first.

    good luck
    --Lehi

+ Reply to Thread