IE6 Problems: Error opening up more than one IE window ! - Network

This is a discussion on IE6 Problems: Error opening up more than one IE window ! - Network ; Hello all: My problem is that when I open up more that 1 instance of Internet Explorer 6 (open up IE once, then open it up again to browse more than one website at a time - a common thing), ...

  1. IE6 Problems: Error opening up more than one IE window !

    Hello all:

    My problem is that when I open up more that 1 instance of Internet
    Explorer 6 (open up IE once, then open it up again to browse more than
    one website at a time - a common thing), I get an error message saying
    that Internet Explorer has encountered an error. I can click the
    checkbox to restart IE or not to. Either one I click, the IE window
    closes and leaves the first one open, the one that I do not have any
    troubles with.

    Now this does not happen ALL the time, but it happens quite a bit more
    often than not, and it's driving me crazy. I had a similar problem
    using Windows XP Professional, only it happened everytime I opened up
    IE.

    This is what I have:

    Internet Explorer 6
    128 bit encryption
    All updates applied (windows update)

    OS: Windows 2000 Server
    SP4
    All updates applied (windows update)

    Hardware: Intel P4 2.4 Ghz, 512mb RAM.
    I dont think it's a hardware problem.

    There is no specific time that this happens with something else that I
    am doing. I doesn't matter. It just happens whenever.

    I would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks.

    -Matt

  2. Re: IE6 Problems: Error opening up more than one IE window !

    matthew37502@netscape.net (wq7kz) wrote in message news:<900d698b.0311110958.210ec3d9@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello all:
    >
    > My problem is that when I open up more that 1 instance of Internet
    > Explorer 6 (open up IE once, then open it up again to browse more than
    > one website at a time - a common thing), I get an error message saying
    > that Internet Explorer has encountered an error. I can click the
    > checkbox to restart IE or not to. Either one I click, the IE window
    > closes and leaves the first one open, the one that I do not have any
    > troubles with.
    >
    > Now this does not happen ALL the time, but it happens quite a bit more
    > often than not, and it's driving me crazy. I had a similar problem
    > using Windows XP Professional, only it happened everytime I opened up
    > IE.
    >
    > This is what I have:
    >
    > Internet Explorer 6
    > 128 bit encryption
    > All updates applied (windows update)
    >
    > OS: Windows 2000 Server
    > SP4
    > All updates applied (windows update)
    >
    > Hardware: Intel P4 2.4 Ghz, 512mb RAM.
    > I dont think it's a hardware problem.
    >
    > There is no specific time that this happens with something else that I
    > am doing. I doesn't matter. It just happens whenever.
    >
    > I would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks.
    >
    > -Matt

    try installing another browser and see if it happens, try opera or netscape.

+ Reply to Thread