Clients lose connection to network resources - Network

This is a discussion on Clients lose connection to network resources - Network ; I have a win2k domain with 2 xp pro clients. After I reboot the domain controller the clients can browse and share resources. A few minutes later the data transfer will stop and when I try to reconnect I get ...

  1. Clients lose connection to network resources

    I have a win2k domain with 2 xp pro clients. After I reboot the domain
    controller the clients can browse and share resources. A few minutes
    later the data transfer will stop and when I try to reconnect I get an
    error message stating that the network path cannot be found. If I
    reboot the DC then the clients can browse again for a few minutes. I
    have DNS setup on the DC with the appropriate host files. All systems
    use static IPs. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Clients lose connection to network resources

    update both windows xp pro machines and the domain with latest patches
    for the coresponding operating system

  3. Re: Clients lose connection to network resources

    Try checking your cabling. There's no reason why XP would need any update
    patches to connect to Win 2000 Server. Have you tried switching to DHCP to
    see if the problem still occurs? When you can't access the resources, have
    you tried pinging all the PCs from each other? You haven't got any duplicate
    IP addresses anywhere have you?

    Matt

    "Trevor" wrote in message
    news:995b1bb2.0311091653.6ea7253b@posting.google.c om...
    > I have a win2k domain with 2 xp pro clients. After I reboot the domain
    > controller the clients can browse and share resources. A few minutes
    > later the data transfer will stop and when I try to reconnect I get an
    > error message stating that the network path cannot be found. If I
    > reboot the DC then the clients can browse again for a few minutes. I
    > have DNS setup on the DC with the appropriate host files. All systems
    > use static IPs. Any suggestions?

  4. Re: Clients lose connection to network resources

    This might seem a little elementary, but you might want to check and
    make sure that the disk drives aren't going into stand-by mode. I had
    a similar problem, and mine was caused by the drives going to sleep
    after 10 or 15 minutes. Hope this helps

    Joe

+ Reply to Thread