Using wired and wireless connection simultaneouly - Network

This is a discussion on Using wired and wireless connection simultaneouly - Network ; Hello everyone Suppose I am using both the ethernet connection as well as the 802.11 connection. I understand that packets from both these connections will have different source IP addresses. My question is how difficult (or easy) is it to ...

  1. Using wired and wireless connection simultaneouly

    Hello everyone

    Suppose I am using both the ethernet connection as well as the 802.11
    connection. I understand that packets from both these connections will
    have different source IP addresses. My question is how difficult (or
    easy) is it to associate or even track two packets originated from my
    computer but from different interfaces. In other words is there ALWAYS
    going to be a common path travelled by both the packets assuming they
    are travelling to a same destination. Again, I understand they have to
    converge somehow at the destination, but what about the path in
    between ? If someone is trying to eavesdrop, can he easily trace and
    associate these two packets ?

    Hope I have stated the problem clearly. Awaiting your replies.

    Thanks a lot!

    Piyush

  2. Re: Using wired and wireless connection simultaneouly

    How do you config to use both of the connections simultaneously?
    I have 2 internet connections:
    1. DSL
    2. via my university's ethernet (Virtual Private Network)
    How do I config to use both of them at the same time? I need 2 NICs, right?
    Does Bridge Connection in Windows help?

    Thanks sincerely!
    ARINTEL

    piyush@myrealbox.com (Piyush) wrote in message news:...
    > Hello everyone
    >
    > Suppose I am using both the ethernet connection as well as the 802.11
    > connection. I understand that packets from both these connections will
    > have different source IP addresses. My question is how difficult (or
    > easy) is it to associate or even track two packets originated from my
    > computer but from different interfaces. In other words is there ALWAYS
    > going to be a common path travelled by both the packets assuming they
    > are travelling to a same destination. Again, I understand they have to
    > converge somehow at the destination, but what about the path in
    > between ? If someone is trying to eavesdrop, can he easily trace and
    > associate these two packets ?
    >
    > Hope I have stated the problem clearly. Awaiting your replies.
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    >
    > Piyush

+ Reply to Thread