Cat 5 Interference - Network

This is a discussion on Cat 5 Interference - Network ; Will home 110v electrical wiring interfere with signals on Cat 5 network cable? Is there a min distance seperation recommendation between net and elect wiring? Thanks. WN...

  1. Cat 5 Interference

    Will home 110v electrical wiring interfere with signals on Cat 5 network
    cable? Is there a min distance seperation recommendation between net and
    elect wiring?

    Thanks.

    WN

  2. Re: Cat 5 Interference

    "Will Niccolls" wrote in message
    > Will home 110v electrical wiring interfere with signals on Cat 5 network
    > cable? Is there a min distance seperation recommendation between net and
    > elect wiring?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > WN

    Anyone?

  3. Re: Cat 5 Interference

    "Will Niccolls" wrote in message news:...
    > "Will Niccolls" wrote in message
    > > Will home 110v electrical wiring interfere with signals on Cat 5 network
    > > cable? Is there a min distance seperation recommendation between net and
    > > elect wiring?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > WN
    > >

    > Anyone?

    the wiring on the house should have conduit and as long as this is tru
    you should nat have any problems. if you want to make sure then use a
    couple of feet of separation and when they need to cross make sure is
    in a perpendicular manner, not parallel, and stay away of florecent
    lights and anything with high power generation.

    hope this helps
    --Lehi

  4. Re: Cat 5 Interference

    "LGJ" wrote in message
    news:91e4ba8d.0311120901.3f00713f@posting.google.c om...
    > "Will Niccolls"
    > > > Will home 110v electrical wiring interfere with signals on Cat 5

    network
    > > > cable? Is there a min distance seperation recommendation between net

    and
    > > > elect wiring?

    > the wiring on the house should have conduit and as long as this is tru
    > you should nat have any problems. if you want to make sure then use a
    > couple of feet of separation and when they need to cross make sure is
    > in a perpendicular manner, not parallel, and stay away of florecent
    > lights and anything with high power generation.
    >
    > hope this helps
    > --Lehi

    Thanks. No conduit, it is regular romex, standard house wiring at various
    gauges. I've tried to keep as much separation as possible, in some cases
    they are quite close.

    I also wonder about interference from other low voltage transmission lines
    like phone, cable tv?

    WN

  5. Re: Cat 5 Interference

    "Will Niccolls" wrote in message news:...
    > "LGJ" wrote in message
    > news:91e4ba8d.0311120901.3f00713f@posting.google.c om...
    > > "Will Niccolls"

    > network

    > and

    > > the wiring on the house should have conduit and as long as this is tru
    > > you should nat have any problems. if you want to make sure then use a
    > > couple of feet of separation and when they need to cross make sure is
    > > in a perpendicular manner, not parallel, and stay away of florecent
    > > lights and anything with high power generation.
    > >
    > > hope this helps
    > > --Lehi

    > Thanks. No conduit, it is regular romex, standard house wiring at various
    > gauges. I've tried to keep as much separation as possible, in some cases
    > they are quite close.
    >
    > I also wonder about interference from other low voltage transmission lines
    > like phone, cable tv?
    >
    > WN

    phone and cable are not a big problem, they have very low voltage and
    they have insulation of their own, so their insulation will also
    protect the network cables, plus you have the network cables
    insulation. And to get the extra protection you can get the shilded
    cables, and they should be able to run side by side with no problems.

    Unless there is a problem with the electrical system in your house,
    that would mess everything up because it will give more power to the
    wires and could potentially create problems, even the telephone wires,
    and these are the hardest problems to diagnose. i'm not an electrician
    but you might want to get some input from an electrician on that,
    maybe have your house checked, it would be awfull having to open the
    walls again to trace a network connection problem.

    good luck
    --Lehi

+ Reply to Thread