printing over network trouble - Network

This is a discussion on printing over network trouble - Network ; Setup small p2p network up with 4 computers, (3) running 98 ,(1) running 95. when I try to print from 98 machine to printer connected to the 95 machine, the printer only prints the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the ...

  1. printing over network trouble

    Setup small p2p network up with 4 computers, (3) running 98 ,(1) running 95.
    when I try to print from 98 machine to printer connected to the 95 machine,
    the printer only prints the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the page. I have tried to
    print from different
    programs with the same results.

    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    thanks
    Darrell

  2. Re: printing over network trouble

    "res0qlsq" wrote in message news:...
    > Setup small p2p network up with 4 computers, (3) running 98 ,(1) running 95.
    > when I try to print from 98 machine to printer connected to the 95 machine,
    > the printer only prints the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the page. I have tried to
    > print from different
    > programs with the same results.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be helpful.
    > thanks
    > Darrell

    there is probably not enough memory on the printer for the whole
    document and it's just giving up in the middle.

    try setting the printer to print directly to the printer and not
    spool, use different graphics options, try a different printer.

    if this does not help, let us know the type of printer you have and
    the computer hardware you have, specially memory and HD space, to get
    a better idea.

    good luck, let us know --Lehi

  3. Re: printing over network trouble

    "res0qlsq" wrote in message news:...
    > Setup small p2p network up with 4 computers, (3) running 98 ,(1) running 95.
    > when I try to print from 98 machine to printer connected to the 95 machine,
    > the printer only prints the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the page. I have tried to
    > print from different
    > programs with the same results.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be helpful.
    > thanks
    > Darrell

    Set the printer up again on the client machines.
    get fresh drivers in there. CHange the port prorocol to RAW.

    Hope thats help

+ Reply to Thread