Using multiple internet connections at the same time? - Network

This is a discussion on Using multiple internet connections at the same time? - Network ; I have three internet connections: 1. dialup 2. via my university's ethernet 3. DSL Everytime I connect to any two connections at the same time, the applications get stuck and appear to see NO connections. Is there anyway for me ...

  1. Using multiple internet connections at the same time?

    I have three internet connections:
    1. dialup
    2. via my university's ethernet
    3. DSL
    Everytime I connect to any two connections at the same time, the
    applications get stuck and appear to see NO connections.

    Is there anyway for me to use multiple internet connections at the
    same time? And how to manage the bandwidth?

    Thanks sincerely,
    ARINTEL

  2. Re: Using multiple internet connections at the same time?

    arintel2020@yahoo.com (ARINTEL) wrote in message news:<374f7714.0311051455.3a0bc06c@posting.google.com>...
    > I have three internet connections:
    > 1. dialup
    > 2. via my university's ethernet
    > 3. DSL
    > Everytime I connect to any two connections at the same time, the
    > applications get stuck and appear to see NO connections.
    >
    > Is there anyway for me to use multiple internet connections at the
    > same time? And how to manage the bandwidth?
    >
    > Thanks sincerely,
    > ARINTEL

    It's called "MULTIHOMING" check it out!

    jb
    CCNA, NET+, CNA

  3. Re: Using multiple internet connections at the same time?

    avngneer@hotmail.com (JB) wrote in message news:...
    > arintel2020@yahoo.com (ARINTEL) wrote in message news:<374f7714.0311051455.3a0bc06c@posting.google.com>...
    > > I have three internet connections:
    > > 1. dialup
    > > 2. via my university's ethernet
    > > 3. DSL
    > > Everytime I connect to any two connections at the same time, the
    > > applications get stuck and appear to see NO connections.
    > >
    > > Is there anyway for me to use multiple internet connections at the
    > > same time? And how to manage the bandwidth?
    > >
    > > Thanks sincerely,
    > > ARINTEL

    > It's called "MULTIHOMING" check it out!
    >
    > jb
    > CCNA, NET+, CNA

    i think he wants to use the three connections for the same internet,
    not 3 different networks, if you want them all on the internet you
    cannot download one file with the bandwidth of the three. you can use
    only one at the time to download a particular file because of the ip
    addressing involved, but DSL and college internet, why do you want
    dial up for, and why pay for DSL if you have the college connection.

    anyway, multihome is only one box with more than one interface, not
    what they call teaming, that is 2 nics working toghether and only then
    you get double bandwidth, but the switch you are connected to has to
    support it.

    but you are in college, perhaps you can research the way to do this
    and write a program for the rest of us.

    --lgj

  4. Re: Using multiple internet connections at the same time?

    How about using Bridge Connections in Windows? Does it help? I want to
    use more than one ISP's at the same time, and hence, kind of double
    the bandwidth. I don't mind if I have to download one file with only
    one connection at a time, but I want to be able to config which
    program to use which connection.

    Thanks!

    lgj_nospam@yahoo.com (LGJ) wrote in message news:<91e4ba8d.0311061922.2f0d268f@posting.google.com>...
    > avngneer@hotmail.com (JB) wrote in message news:...
    > > arintel2020@yahoo.com (ARINTEL) wrote in message news:<374f7714.0311051455.3a0bc06c@posting.google.com>...
    > > > I have three internet connections:
    > > > 1. dialup
    > > > 2. via my university's ethernet
    > > > 3. DSL
    > > > Everytime I connect to any two connections at the same time, the
    > > > applications get stuck and appear to see NO connections.
    > > >
    > > > Is there anyway for me to use multiple internet connections at the
    > > > same time? And how to manage the bandwidth?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks sincerely,
    > > > ARINTEL

    > > It's called "MULTIHOMING" check it out!
    > >
    > > jb
    > > CCNA, NET+, CNA

    > i think he wants to use the three connections for the same internet,
    > not 3 different networks, if you want them all on the internet you
    > cannot download one file with the bandwidth of the three. you can use
    > only one at the time to download a particular file because of the ip
    > addressing involved, but DSL and college internet, why do you want
    > dial up for, and why pay for DSL if you have the college connection.
    >
    > anyway, multihome is only one box with more than one interface, not
    > what they call teaming, that is 2 nics working toghether and only then
    > you get double bandwidth, but the switch you are connected to has to
    > support it.
    >
    > but you are in college, perhaps you can research the way to do this
    > and write a program for the rest of us.
    >
    > --lgj

  5. Re: Using multiple internet connections at the same time?

    arintel2020@yahoo.com (ARINTEL) wrote in message news:<374f7714.0311070429.7a917457@posting.google.com>...
    > How about using Bridge Connections in Windows? Does it help? I want to
    > use more than one ISP's at the same time, and hence, kind of double
    > the bandwidth. I don't mind if I have to download one file with only
    > one connection at a time, but I want to be able to config which
    > program to use which connection.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > lgj_nospam@yahoo.com (LGJ) wrote in message news:<91e4ba8d.0311061922.2f0d268f@posting.google.com>...
    > > avngneer@hotmail.com (JB) wrote in message news:...

    > > > It's called "MULTIHOMING" check it out!
    > > >
    > > > jb
    > > > CCNA, NET+, CNA

    > > i think he wants to use the three connections for the same internet,
    > > not 3 different networks, if you want them all on the internet you
    > > cannot download one file with the bandwidth of the three. you can use
    > > only one at the time to download a particular file because of the ip
    > > addressing involved, but DSL and college internet, why do you want
    > > dial up for, and why pay for DSL if you have the college connection.
    > >
    > > anyway, multihome is only one box with more than one interface, not
    > > what they call teaming, that is 2 nics working toghether and only then
    > > you get double bandwidth, but the switch you are connected to has to
    > > support it.
    > >
    > > but you are in college, perhaps you can research the way to do this
    > > and write a program for the rest of us.
    > >
    > > --lgj

    the bridge makes both connections part of the same network and acts
    somewhat as a switch, but you have different networks (ISPs) on the
    connections, i don't think it would be possible, but maybe my logic is
    wrong, why don't you try it and let us know. --lgj

+ Reply to Thread