Help with basic Router problem - Network

This is a discussion on Help with basic Router problem - Network ; Help! I am running a US Robotics Sureconnect 9003 ADSL Modem/Router and all I want to do is open a port. I am running a PC with Windows XP Home edition installed with Zone Alarms free firewall and the above ...

  1. Help with basic Router problem

    Help!

    I am running a US Robotics Sureconnect 9003 ADSL Modem/Router and all
    I want to do is open a port.

    I am running a PC with Windows XP Home edition installed with Zone
    Alarms free firewall and the above router, I have tried a number of
    things to make a port open to the internet, but whatever I tried I get
    nowhere (I am using the shields up website to test (all ports remain
    "stealth"))

    My ISP is freedom2surf and I have their 512K ADSL wires only
    connection

    Currently I am unable to run the following applications:

    Battlecom
    mIRC
    eMule (LowID)

    Any help would be appreciated, The user guide can be found:

    http://www.usr.com/support/9003/9003-ug/index.htm

    However I can not see the woods for the trees, with the all the
    options with this router and little experience of networks

    thanks in advance

    Sneaky (Steve)

  2. Re: Help with basic Router problem

    steve@sgoulding.freeserve.co.uk (Sneaky) wrote in message news:...
    > Help!
    >
    > I am running a US Robotics Sureconnect 9003 ADSL Modem/Router and all
    > I want to do is open a port.
    >
    > I am running a PC with Windows XP Home edition installed with Zone
    > Alarms free firewall and the above router, I have tried a number of
    > things to make a port open to the internet, but whatever I tried I get
    > nowhere (I am using the shields up website to test (all ports remain
    > "stealth"))
    >
    > My ISP is freedom2surf and I have their 512K ADSL wires only
    > connection
    >
    > Currently I am unable to run the following applications:
    >
    > Battlecom
    > mIRC
    > eMule (LowID)
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated, The user guide can be found:
    >
    > http://www.usr.com/support/9003/9003-ug/index.htm
    >
    > However I can not see the woods for the trees, with the all the
    > options with this router and little experience of networks
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Sneaky (Steve)

    you have to find first if the router is doing it or zonealarm is doing
    it, i have to say this but you are going to have to shut zonealarm and
    test it without it. that will tell you if the router is the problem or
    zonealarm is the problem try to find the best time to do this, you
    decide. good luck, and make sure you only test it and turn zonealarm
    back on.

    let us know --LGJ

  3. Re: Help with basic Router problem

    Hi, Details for Port Forwarding/Mapping and firewall settings, LAN,
    VPN, PPTP, Remote Management, Linux, FTP, HTTP and eMule Example
    (http://www.homepagez.com/usr9003/ftp.htm) can be found here:
    http://www.homepagez.com/usr9003/

    steve@sgoulding.freeserve.co.uk (Sneaky) wrote in message news:...
    > Help!
    >
    > I am running a US Robotics Sureconnect 9003 ADSL Modem/Router and all
    > I want to do is open a port.
    >
    > I am running a PC with Windows XP Home edition installed with Zone
    > Alarms free firewall and the above router, I have tried a number of
    > things to make a port open to the internet, but whatever I tried I get
    > nowhere (I am using the shields up website to test (all ports remain
    > "stealth"))
    >
    > My ISP is freedom2surf and I have their 512K ADSL wires only
    > connection
    >
    > Currently I am unable to run the following applications:
    >
    > Battlecom
    > mIRC
    > eMule (LowID)
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated, The user guide can be found:
    >
    > http://www.usr.com/support/9003/9003-ug/index.htm
    >
    > However I can not see the woods for the trees, with the all the
    > options with this router and little experience of networks
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Sneaky (Steve)

+ Reply to Thread