RAS connect to a router or switch? - Network

This is a discussion on RAS connect to a router or switch? - Network ; Should a remote access server connect to a router or a switch? I have my servers connected to my switch which is then connected to my router which has two links out into the Internet. My RAS is connected to ...

  1. RAS connect to a router or switch?

    Should a remote access server connect to a router or a switch? I have
    my servers connected to my switch which is then connected to my router
    which has two links out into the Internet. My RAS is connected to an
    ISDN line to accept incoming calls.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: RAS connect to a router or switch?

    amy_williams17@yahoo.com (Amy) wrote in message news:<6d8feffb.0311010411.56678ce6@posting.google.com>...
    > Should a remote access server connect to a router or a switch? I have
    > my servers connected to my switch which is then connected to my router
    > which has two links out into the Internet. My RAS is connected to an
    > ISDN line to accept incoming calls.
    >
    > Thanks.

    From a functional point of view it doesn't matter. However from a
    security standpoint I would recommend that the RAS is on a DMZ either
    on a router or, ideally on a firewall.

    BTW - if you have an internet connection have you considered replacing
    the RAS with VPN connections - would save on call charges.

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread