Connect 2 PCs via NICs - Network

This is a discussion on Connect 2 PCs via NICs - Network ; I have a new W2K machine and an old NT box that I will be replacing soon. I want to connect the 2 via their existing NIC cards so that I can pull files off the old box. My hope ...

  1. Connect 2 PCs via NICs

    I have a new W2K machine and an old NT box that I will be replacing
    soon. I want to connect the 2 via their existing NIC cards so that I
    can pull files off the old box. My hope is that I can just hook these
    together with a Ethernet crossover cable and be in business? Or are
    there more steps to this?

    TIA,

    Dave

  2. Re: Connect 2 PCs via NICs

    No, that's about all you need. Configure static IPs for each card using the
    same subnet and you should be fine.

    Matt

    "WebKatz" wrote in message
    news:e809200b.0310301716.29c830a@posting.google.co m...
    > I have a new W2K machine and an old NT box that I will be replacing
    > soon. I want to connect the 2 via their existing NIC cards so that I
    > can pull files off the old box. My hope is that I can just hook these
    > together with a Ethernet crossover cable and be in business? Or are
    > there more steps to this?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread