Cable/dsl router question - Network

This is a discussion on Cable/dsl router question - Network ; Hi, simple one - can anyone please tell me of a decent router&firewall combo that will work for both an ADSL AND cable modem please? If people can supply me with names I'll go off and research. They do exist ...

  1. Cable/dsl router question

    Hi,

    simple one - can anyone please tell me of a decent router&firewall
    combo that will work for both an ADSL AND cable modem please? If
    people can supply me with names I'll go off and research.

    They do exist apparently....

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Cable/dsl router question

    jehova1@dsl.pipex.com (T0GGLe) wrote in message news:<5a657c10.0310291639.c18fd18@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > simple one - can anyone please tell me of a decent router&firewall
    > combo that will work for both an ADSL AND cable modem please? If
    > people can supply me with names I'll go off and research.
    >
    > They do exist apparently....
    >
    > Thanks.

    Alternatively a newsgroup where the question would be better placed
    would do...

    Is it just the case that if a router has ethernet ports then i can
    plug a cable modem in and it'll work...just the same as if i had an
    ADSL modem that had an ethernet port?

  3. Re: Cable/dsl router question

    Regards

    nemo

    On 30 Oct 2003 12:31:41 -0800, jehova1@dsl.pipex.com (T0GGLe) wrote:

    >jehova1@dsl.pipex.com (T0GGLe) wrote in message news:<5a657c10.0310291639.c18fd18@posting.google.com>...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> simple one - can anyone please tell me of a decent router&firewall
    >> combo that will work for both an ADSL AND cable modem please? If
    >> people can supply me with names I'll go off and research.
    >>
    >> They do exist apparently....
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >Alternatively a newsgroup where the question would be better placed
    >would do...
    >
    >Is it just the case that if a router has ethernet ports then i can
    >plug a cable modem in and it'll work...just the same as if i had an
    >ADSL modem that had an ethernet port?

+ Reply to Thread