Bandwidth/Activity Monitoring - Network

This is a discussion on Bandwidth/Activity Monitoring - Network ; Hi Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway. I am looking for some software which will let me see the bandwidth/activity useage of each swicth and router port an dinterface on my LAN. ...

  1. Bandwidth/Activity Monitoring

    Hi

    Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway.

    I am looking for some software which will let me see the bandwidth/activity
    useage of each swicth and router port an dinterface on my LAN.

    Free or commercial makes no difference - obviously free is better but we
    will pay for the right software.

    Thanks

    Keith

  2. Re: Bandwidth/Activity Monitoring

    Hi !

    You should try MRTG :

    http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

    Keith wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway.
    >
    > I am looking for some software which will let me see the bandwidth/activity
    > useage of each swicth and router port an dinterface on my LAN.
    >
    > Free or commercial makes no difference - obviously free is better but we
    > will pay for the right software.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Keith

  3. Re: Bandwidth/Activity Monitoring

    "Keith" <@.> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway.
    >
    > I am looking for some software which will let me see the bandwidth/activity
    > useage of each swicth and router port an dinterface on my LAN.
    >
    > Free or commercial makes no difference - obviously free is better but we
    > will pay for the right software.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Keith

    Hi,

    there is so much out there, that it's pretty fruitless to answer
    without knowing what the system is, where you want to run it on.

    Search Yahoo and HotBot for

    network and systems management

    And pick what fits the computer you want to run it on.

    And keep in mind: especially in this area: you get exactly what you
    pay for!

    Mike

    providing computer help at http://helpdesk.pro-html.org

+ Reply to Thread