routers LAN to WAN to LAN - Network

This is a discussion on routers LAN to WAN to LAN - Network ; I have a question with reguards to how messages are sent between PCs from the internet. Assumming PC pA is behind Router rA and PC pB is behind Router rB and pA wants to send a message to pB. Both ...

  1. routers LAN to WAN to LAN

    I have a question with reguards to how messages are sent between PCs
    from the internet. Assumming PC pA is behind Router rA and PC pB is
    behind Router rB and pA wants to send a message to pB. Both private ip
    are assigned via DHCP and both has static WAN IP. when pA sends a
    message to pB, it uses pB's public IP (WAN) and the message gets to
    the router (rB). How does the router (rB) know that it has to route
    the message to pB?

  2. Re: routers LAN to WAN to LAN

    Duwayne wrote:

    > I have a question with reguards to how messages are sent between PCs
    > from the internet. Assumming PC pA is behind Router rA and PC pB is
    > behind Router rB and pA wants to send a message to pB. Both private ip
    > are assigned via DHCP and both has static WAN IP. when pA sends a
    > message to pB, it uses pB's public IP (WAN) and the message gets to
    > the router (rB). How does the router (rB) know that it has to route
    > the message to pB?

    If router rB has been told that, for example, http: requests (port 80)
    should be routed to internal address (eg: 192.168.0.10 -- pB), then it
    routes that port request to the appropriate internal address.

    Router rA and computer pA are unaware of the translation.

  3. Re: routers LAN to WAN to LAN

    > I have a question with reguards to how messages are sent between PCs
    > from the internet. Assumming PC pA is behind Router rA and PC pB is
    > behind Router rB and pA wants to send a message to pB. Both private ip
    > are assigned via DHCP and both has static WAN IP. when pA sends a
    > message to pB, it uses pB's public IP (WAN) and the message gets to
    > the router (rB). How does the router (rB) know that it has to route
    > the message to pB?

    Usually for solving this problem is used NAT or PAT

+ Reply to Thread