I have a simple hard-wired home network with a host Windows XP
computer and a Windows 98 computer connected through a Linksys
etherfast cable router. The system has been working fine for about a
year. Recently we had a power surge from our local electric utility.
Internet access failed. I can't recall whether one or both computers
were online at the time of the power surge. I was able to get my
Windows XP computer back online by repowering the cable modem and the
router. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting the Windows 98
computer back online. Any suggestions?