once more - Network

This is a discussion on once more - Network ; I'll try this again: OK. Got the two computers hooked together through a Linksys switch/router, and they're both online nicely through a high speed DSL modem. Now, what are the indicators as to whether my computers are networked or not??? ...

  1. once more

    I'll try this again:

    OK. Got the two computers hooked together through a Linksys switch/router,
    and they're both online nicely through a high speed DSL modem.

    Now, what are the indicators as to whether my computers are networked or
    not???

    If they're aren't networked yet, but I cause them to be networked, will that
    be detrimental to internet access for either?

    If my computers are not networked, how do I establish a network condition
    with them?

  2. Re: once more

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:49:01 -0500, "RB" wrote:

    >I'll try this again:
    >
    >OK. Got the two computers hooked together through a Linksys switch/router,
    >and they're both online nicely through a high speed DSL modem.
    >
    >Now, what are the indicators as to whether my computers are networked or
    >not???
    >
    >If they're aren't networked yet, but I cause them to be networked, will that
    >be detrimental to internet access for either?
    >
    >If my computers are not networked, how do I establish a network condition
    >with them?

    Yes, they are physically networked together. To find out if they can
    talk to each other (I assume you are using Windows, most people who
    don't give their operating system are), look in Network neighborhood.
    If they don't see each other open your help file and find out how to
    turn file sharing on.

    It won't hurt their Internert access.

    Dave

  3. Re: once more

    Ooops. forgot to tell you my OSs. One is Win98, the other winXP.

    Thanks much for your response. I'll work on the file sharing thing.

+ Reply to Thread